mike 'doomsday' morgan kfor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Morgan did say run if you can. No, I didn't. Neighbors did and their f'n chihuahua dogs escaped. So I watched the storms roll by, burned a stogie, drank a couple cold ones and waited for those stupid dogs to get tired and catch them. I did flip between Morgan and England. I enjoy news9 when they are being funny. Can't stand 'em when ol' Gare has to ref. You can whine all you want, but what else you gonna watch? The Voice? Really? Check your man card at the door on your way out...

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching the May 08 2003 tornado go by at 240 and 35(if the date is wrong sorry) the one that hit GM I was flipping radio stations between listening to Mike Morgan and Gary England. All I can say is that I don't listen to Gary anymore due to the fact that his reporting of the tornado was 5 minutes of where it was actually at and Mike was right on the money.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who's family was swayed by the so-called "Doomsday" guy I'll just say BS. We live in the state where the wildest, wickedest and most unpredictable weather is an almost daily concern. Oklahomans are so used to the sirens that many pay little to no attention unless there's some weather guy saying drastic things like go underground or you will not survive. When these guys say that stuff it's because the chance of a killer storm is that high and if you don't kick some of these people in the @ss they will do what they usually do and hunker down in a hallway or bathroom. Then the tornado comes through and people die. There are a statistical few that survive, there always is, but because the crazy weather guy scared people they left the area and survived. Had all of those houses in Moore been occupied because the weather guy didn't light a fire under their butts the death count would have been staggering. Members of my immediate family were among them. Prior to Mike Morgans antics they have always done what most Oklahomans, without shelters, have done and hide in the hallway or bathroom. This time was different...this time the weather guys had time and were able to determine this tornado was too strong to hide in hallways. This time they told people without a shelter not to stay but to leave. My family, who had never done that before, were terrified when they heard what the weather guy was saying and how he was acting so, for the first time, they grabbed the kids and fled. Once far enough away to be safe they turned and watched the tornado go through. After it passed they drove back to find their neighborhood was completely destroyed. There was no way they could have survived. There are many, many more families who did the same thing. Had Mike Morgan not said what he said, how he said it those people would be sad statistics instead of happy ones.

I'm amazed how many backseat drivers, who weren't running for their lives and depending on these weather guys to survive, have decided that they are better suited to predict the weather during a tornado and knowing that people's lives depend on their every word. It's easy to criticize after the fact when you aren't the one affected. Personally, I, like many others, are quite happy that the weather guys scared ourselves or families into running away.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live at Reno and Mustang Road. I had just gotten a hold of my SIL at 430. She was in EL Reno setting up her RV!!!
I told her to get here and get here fast. They did, then my wife got here around 515 and we decided to go south to my mother's house off of sw 59 and mustang road. We left and headed south. The traffic was awful. It was backed up on mustang road at sw 15 BECAUSE THEY HAD DOPPLER TRUCKS STOPPED IN THE ROAD. It is a four lane road and bottlenecked down to 2 lane. I turned and went down czech hall. We made it in plenty of time but really was that necessary. I now dont like storm chasers or scientists WHO BLOCK ANY PART OF A ROAD. Anyway we were safe and one small one did hit us at sw 59 and mustang. It missed our house off Reno.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being underground saved our lives in 2011. Last week we ended up with 7 people in a 6 man shelter, and 3 that couldn't fit. I told then to drive AWAY from the storm. I would rather die trying to save my life in an F4 or F5 driving away than sitting at home in a bathtub waiting for the freight train to hit.
We should all get so excited about something in life as Mike and David, and Reed do.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In my experiences, people who are in the position of potentially saving lives, are calm and collect. I've never seen a trooper, EMT/Paramedic, fire fighter or ER doc act like Mike Morgan and David Payne. I wouldn't want that type of personality showing up to my car wreck. I'm sure they're great guys, I just don't agree with how they handle themselves when the pressure is on, in front of a crowd of thousands and thousands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom