Mindy McCready dead of apparent suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they recently found her man dead I kind of thought this might happen with all that she has been through over the years. Sad. She had great talent at one time but just couldnt shake her demons. RIP.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Her death was 100% preventable, IF we had a mental health system that was worth a damn at all in this country. Unfortunately, opposing sides came together in the early 80's and deinstitutionalized patients in mental hospitals held against their will. left-wing reformers who thought they were protecting the "rights" of mental patients teamed up with right-wing libertarians to discharge patients. Reagan was for reducing monetary burdens on states and the ACLU thought institutionalizing people was a violation of their rights.

Since then, people who desperately need help are frequently abandoned. They make up a sizable portion of the full-time homeless population, because there's no place to put them and no one wants anything to do with them. When you research mass killings, there's a significant upward trend ever since that point in time. It's sad and pathetic, and both sides are at fault. :(

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey take it how you want, she lived a sad life and ended it sadly but I dont feel much sympathy for her and how she lived at least for the last 10 years or so. If it was not for her being famous to some extent everybody on here would just consider her a scumbag criminal & druggie that ended her own life. I am not sure if she was considered a suspect but they were questioning her pretty good about the suspicous death of her boyfriend too. so not jumping to conclusions but she could be a murderer too.

Scumbag druggie or not, she meant the world to somebody.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not shocking. I'm not even mildly surprised, really.

But what it is, is terribly, terribly sad.

Watching the news reports about her the last few years has been like watching a train wreck, in super, super slow motion.

And, I agree, I will guarantee you, she meant the world to several people, not the least of which is more than likely her children.

May God Bless her tortured soul.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I don't know who she is, but I have sympathy with her family. Suicide relieves the person of their pain, but creates pain for the family.

I lost an Uncle-in-law to suicide. The wife, and kids never got over it.

Man my son just lost his best friend to a suicide. They were like twin brothers.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was really a single lawsuit that ended mental institutions in the US. From what I have read and watched on TV, the places needed to close anyway.
She had enough money to get proper care, our medical system is not really to blame. However, you are correct there are many people who need help, which cannot get help.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have pretty strong feelings about suicide and people who commit it, especially when they have a family who depends on them. I've been directly effected by it so ill keep those feelings to myself. Nowadays, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who HASN'T been directly effected by it. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom