Multiple shooting Victims at Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a woman being interviewed on the local news, don't know if she was present at the shooting, she said something like "you never think something like that will happen in NW OKC"...............WHAT?!

What thought process ended up with that conclusion? Does she never watch the news?

I have to fess up, my wife said something similar, something like "I guess we need to worry this when we eat out now".
I said that I think about it every time I walk into a restaurant, store, or anyplace, and try to sit so I can see the door.
She's not of the prepared mind....bless her heart, I love her.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone that carries a gun needs to come to an understanding that you MAY need to take anothers life to end a violent situation. As JB Books in The Shootist said...it's not about being fast or even accurate,sometimes its about willing. Or along those lines but you get the idea. I'm pretty sure only a psycho would enjoy taking a life. Any normal person won't.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
229c104f7d270287750bfa9261e98583.jpg

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a woman being interviewed on the local news, don't know if she was present at the shooting, she said something like "you never think something like that will happen in NW OKC"...............WHAT?!

What thought process ended up with that conclusion? Does she never watch the news?

I have to fess up, my wife said something similar, something like "I guess we need to worry this when we eat out now".
I said that I think about it every time I walk into a restaurant, store, or anyplace, and try to sit so I can see the door.

I would say that is the general mind set of the vast majority of the population in America, "it won't and can't happen to me". Very few people(even those who ccw) go into every public place with a plan to defend themselves, immediately notice where they would take cover or where the exits are, or check out all the people around them and their behaviors. It's easy to become complacent. My wife mentioned this last night, she's not very aware and doesn't notice things going on around her at all. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a Hickok and a profiler lol.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless it was a legally prohibited place, the sign has no legal weight. And since the majority of the income was NOT from the sale and consumption of alcohol, it was not a prohibited place.

That should have been thoroughly explained at your COW class
I am aware of what is in the manual and researched it before I posted. Note that I said primary sales... as it turned out the assailant was shot outside the establishment so it's moot.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From OKC PD.

Shot by 2 people!

Narrative: Thursday evening, police responded to a call regarding a man shooting inside the Louie’s restaurant located at West Lake Hefner Drive. Officers located the shooter, ***EDIT to remove shooters name, no fame here***, deceased outside the restaurant. The deceased/suspect was shot outside the restaurant by two citizens, Involved Party #1 Carlos Nazario and Involved Party #2 Bryan Wittle. Three people were struck by gunfire from the suspect. Shooting victims #1, 2 and 3 were inside the restaurant when they were shot and are reported to be in good condition. Injured Party #1 fell and broke his arm after the shooter started his assault. All involved parties were interviewed and released.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need to keep the good guy in your thoughts!! Man went to have a relaxing evening and had to kill another human being!! Whether the POS deserved it or not this cannot be easy to deal with!!!!
Got to keep the shooter's family in prayer also, they no doubt are suffering. It's affected many people.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is going to be interesting, was a sign posted no firearms? And, the business was a restaurant and primary sales was not alcohol? If a firearms prohibited sign was posted, how will the DA look upon the situation? Sometimes common sense should prevail and the cc should not be charged even though a sign may have been posted. If he is charged, a gofundme.com will probably be posted and he'll obtain more than enough for legal fees. What a way for a family dining out to end the evening! I imaging the cc feels mighty awful for having to shoot someone.
It's not posted and it isnt a "bar" by a long shot.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lots of people think this and walk around totally unaware of there surroundings. When my wife and myself go to restaurant, she knows automatically that I always sit facing door, never with back to it. Not paranoid but don’t like the feeling

Latest posts

Top Bottom