My $1,015 chicken dinner tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you're okay and it doesn't look to be major damage. It's never a fun experience. Good luck with the adjuster, repair shop, etc.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Learn something new. I didn't even know you can leave without calling the cops. Growing up in California, alot of people didn't have insurance or don't want to claim, so most of the time people just agree to go thier own way and fix it themselves.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been on the receiving end of three of these situations, in the last ten years. Each time the fault was on their end. Three different insurance companies and each one was quick and complete. And each time they paid for rental cars while mine was being repaired.

Good luck...

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No cooking at the house tonight, and I am alone so I figured I would just go out and grab something quick. I stopped and got a chicken dinner for $15. I was at 149th and I-44 on my way home, at a stop sign, and a lady hit me while I was stopped there.

No injuries, and I honestly felt kind of bad for her. I’m guessing she was on her way home from work. Had nurses scrubs on. Probably just worked a long shift and was trying to get home.

Now I have $1000 deductible that I wasn’t planning on having to spend.

I finally made it home, and now I hope this cold chicken dinner tastes really good. It was freaking expensive!

View attachment 354339
View attachment 354340

View attachment 354343
Next time try uber eats or door dash.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the ladies insurance cover your damages so you aren’t out anything? Maybe I misunderstand insurance use.
Your insurance will deduct the deductible from any payout they make to you. Just went through this. Your insurance and their insurance will meet, and if the other company agrees, they may cover the deductible. The guy who hit me's insurance says he's only 20% responsible, and refuse to pay my deductable. I did get a ticket, as he was screaming that I ran the red light, and I told the cop I thought I had video to show otherwise, but couldn't get it to display when he was there. Front camera video shows the light was green when I entered, turned yellow a moment later. Rear camera showshis light was red when he hit me. I'll be providing copies of the video to the court for my defense against the ticket. Once we find out what my court says, maybe we'll have some pressure to apply to his insurance company.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to all the folks on here who've dealt with this sort of thing in the past. I called the at-fault driver's insurance company today (Geico). When they filed their claim last night, they admitted fault. Geico is covering all repairs and a rental. I have an appointment set up next week to take my car to a shop where I'll drop it off and pick up a rental - covered by them. I called my insurance company back, informed them of the update, and cancelled the claim on my end. Thanks for the help everyone.

I don't feel too bad now. That chicken dinner last night wasn't the greatest, so now at least it isn't going to end up costing over $1000!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to all the folks on here who've dealt with this sort of thing in the past. I called the at-fault driver's insurance company today (Geico). When they filed their claim last night, they admitted fault. Geico is covering all repairs and a rental. I have an appointment set up next week to take my car to a shop where I'll drop it off and pick up a rental - covered by them. I called my insurance company back, informed them of the update, and cancelled the claim on my end. Thanks for the help everyone.

I don't feel too bad now. That chicken dinner last night wasn't the greatest, so now at least it isn't going to end up costing over $1000!
Sounds like it worked out like it should when you aren’t at fault. Great news

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

Glad everyone's ok and I hope the chikin was great.
Having been through this myself and family members, just make sure her insurance pays everything down to the new washer fluid and car freshener. Under no circumstances do you take a check from them. As soon as you do and cash it, they're off the hook. Call your insurance for guidance and return the check (if they send one). It's not being stingy or unethical to hold their feet to the fire...they'll return the favor by a factor of 10 given the chance.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it worked out like it should when you aren’t at fault. Great news
Yep, thanks to the advice of those here, I was able to get it sorted out. I just hope my rental isn't some tiny little eco car. I'm probably going to call Enterprise (I have the reservation # made by Geico) and make sure it's something I can fit in, and not a car I have to wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom