My $1,015 chicken dinner tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Learn something new. I didn't even know you can leave without calling the cops. Growing up in California, alot of people didn't have insurance or don't want to claim, so most of the time people just agree to go thier own way and fix it themselves.
We did call the cops, and after waiting for about 45 minutes they called back and said that it would be quite a bit longer before someone could be dispatched. Mainly due to it being a Friday night, they were busy, and no parties were injured. They confirmed that OK does not require a police report if no injuries occurred.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lady that hit me had Geico, and they told me that I could use any body shop I wanted, but if I went with one of their "partner" shops, the repairs were guaranteed for the life of the truck. My preferred shop also had a lifetime guarantee on their repairs, so that wasn't much of an inducement.
I was told the same thing. One of their 'partner' shops was one that is right across the street from a friend of mine's business, and is known for good work. I figured there wasn't much harm in giving them a shot if everything is warrantied through Geico, and they are paying for my rental for the full time the car is in the shop.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope she didn’t have Allstate. 9 months later I’m still waiting for them to pay.
Got rear ended by their insured. $20K worth of medical bills and a totaled out vehicle. Had to get an attorney and he says Allstate is the worst in the nation for paying out. Hope you get a quick resolution to your case!
That's interesting. I'm an Allstate customer for something like 20 years here in Oklahoma. Most recent accident with a Progressive customer Allstate paid me on December 13th for an accident on November 29th. Progressive, OTH, is saying their guy is only 20% responsible for the accident, and refuse to pay anything.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope she didn’t have Allstate. 9 months later I’m still waiting for them to pay.
Got rear ended by their insured. $20K worth of medical bills and a totaled out vehicle. Had to get an attorney and he says Allstate is the worst in the nation for paying out. Hope you get a quick resolution to your case!
We have had State Farm Insurence on everything, for 50 years, with no complants!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only problem with that is that factory parts may be scarce and expensive. Since you're not having to pay for them, that last may not bother you, but it might keep them from getting the parts they need to fix your car. I've had five different Hyundai cars in the past 11 years. I had to fix a number of things myself, and found Rock Auto and eBay better sources for parts that were as good as, and sometimes better than factory. YMMV of course.

Hope the experience is uniformly excellent for you!
Allen's fixed our car a few years before Covid and they had a hard time getting the parts but they persevered and got it done. It took a few months but they did a great job. I cannot recommend anyone else. These people are in a separate category from the regular body shop.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called and opened a claim. OKCPD called to let me know they have not yet been able to dispatch officer. It’s Friday night and I understand they are busy. I exchanged information with the lady and got my vehicle home. My insurance said they would be calling me, probably on Monday to ask questions for their investigation to determine liability. The fault was completely hers. I hate to sound so callous, because I feel bad for her, but it was her fault. Insurance told me that if I am found as not at fault, my deductible would be refunded. I would need to come up with it upfront, though, and they would reimburse me on the back end.

Only vehicle claim in 26 years. The process is new to me.
So sorry to hear what happen, however in all my years I've never heard of having to cover your deductible "first" if your not at fault, only to get reimbursed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom