My $1,015 chicken dinner tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting. I'm an Allstate customer for something like 20 years here in Oklahoma. Most recent accident with a Progressive customer Allstate paid me on December 13th for an accident on November 29th. Progressive, OTH, is saying their guy is only 20% responsible for the accident, and refuse to pay anything.
I was an Allstate insured for 38 years, auto and homeowners. Never had a homeowners claim. Got wind roof leak damage and they insisted it was "wear and tear". Filed a "bad faith claims practices" complaint with the Insurance Commission (who by the way indicated they would not be doing anything) and they accepted the claim. Then we went on to fight about every nickle and dime of expense. As soon as I cashed the last check I canceled my policy.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully they don't try to put you in a tiny bare bones compact car. Avis tried to do that when someone who was renting from them hit me and caused tons of damage to my truck. I fought with them that I use the truck for work and they should get me a rental equivalent to what was hit. Took me telling them I'm getting my lawyer involved that they magically approved a pretty nice truck rental for the two months I was without my truck.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully they don't try to put you in a tiny bare bones compact car. Avis tried to do that when someone who was renting from them hit me and caused tons of damage to my truck. I fought with them that I use the truck for work and they should get me a rental equivalent to what was hit. Took me telling them I'm getting my lawyer involved that they magically approved a pretty nice truck rental for the two months I was without my truck.
I already called Enterprise!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was an Allstate insured for 38 years, auto and homeowners. Never had a homeowners claim. Got wind roof leak damage and they insisted it was "wear and tear". Filed a "bad faith claims practices" complaint with the Insurance Commission (who by the way indicated they would not be doing anything) and they accepted the claim. Then we went on to fight about every nickle and dime of expense. As soon as I cashed the last check I canceled my policy.
I've put two roofs on this house in the past 26 years, no problem. And they have me listed as "no claims." YMMV, I guess.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of times, it will sometimes take a couple days before you start to feel sore. Not a bad idea to get checked out by a Dr. And yes, that will go on their insurance.
I know this is true. Twice I had a moderate vehicle crash and I was not hurt at the time but the next week was absolute hell. The doctors explained, it is a fight or flight reaction due to adrenaline and your muscles tense up something fierce almost to the point of tearing ligaments. Felt like my whole body had been jerked through a small knothole backward.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No cooking at the house tonight, and I am alone so I figured I would just go out and grab something quick. I stopped and got a chicken dinner for $15. I was at 149th and I-44 on my way home, at a stop sign, and a lady hit me while I was stopped there.

No injuries, and I honestly felt kind of bad for her. I’m guessing she was on her way home from work. Had nurses scrubs on. Probably just worked a long shift and was trying to get home.

Now I have $1000 deductible that I wasn’t planning on having to spend.

I finally made it home, and now I hope this cold chicken dinner tastes really good. It was freaking expensive!

View attachment 354339
View attachment 354340

View attachment 354343

I know we've talked watches, but we are practically neighbors. I know that intersection well. Trying to picture how this happened? Was she turning and not quite make it?

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we've talked watches, but we are practically neighbors. I know that intersection well. Trying to picture how this happened? Was she turning and not quite make it?
I'll toss in my guess. She was going South on I-44(I know, I know it's an East/West on the signs). He was at the stop sign under the bridge going to turn left. I suspect she cut the corner and took part of his grill and left side with her.

Braum's has decent chicken strips and might be safer! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom