My Aching Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, my back is all out of whack. first time treated was in 1971, i've had bouts where i had to crawl to the bathroom to piss. S1,S2,S3 all sit on one another with only remnants of destroyed disc material,,,i think it's all gone now. some days i can barely walk, the pain is indescribably delicous. i've done all the exercises, etc for decades. now i self medicate with dos equis and morphine. thinking of switching the dos equis for grey goose and cranberry juice

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't doubt you have back pain. But S1, S2 and S3 are all part of the sacrum, which is fused normally. There are no discs in-between them, it's all a single bone. Maybe you meant L1, L2 and L3?

e9fda56e221e517908611bc23456cf4f.jpg

Either way, I hope it gets more tolerable soon.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, my back is all out of whack. first time treated was in 1971, i've had bouts where i had to crawl to the bathroom to piss. S1,S2,S3 all sit on one another with only remnants of destroyed disc material,,,i think it's all gone now. some days i can barely walk, the pain is indescribably delicous. i've done all the exercises, etc for decades. now i self medicate with dos equis and morphine. thinking of switching the dos equis for grey goose and cranberry juice

have you tried a gravity inversion table at all? I have never considered it to be a magic cure, but when my back acts up there is some relief to inverting for a few minutes. it really helps take some of the pressure off those compressed discs. Last time i was in PT they put me on the machine that pulls you in opposite directions.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have you tried a gravity inversion table at all? I have never considered it to be a magic cure, but when my back acts up there is some relief to inverting for a few minutes. it really helps take some of the pressure off those compressed discs. Last time i was in PT they put me on the machine that pulls you in opposite directions.

i was on a similar machine, i called it the rack, after the first session i couldn't walk at all. LOL but to answer you, no i haven't tried the gravity inversion table, i've seen the hang upside down things but have some concern about hanging like a bat and not being able to get off the thing safely

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was on a similar machine, i called it the rack, after the first session i couldn't walk at all. LOL but to answer you, no i haven't tried the gravity inversion table, i've seen the hang upside down things but have some concern about hanging like a bat and not being able to get off the thing safely
If you have any upper body strength at all, you'll be able to flip the table back over. If it's set up properly, it won't take much effort at all to flip upright. If you're worried, do it when someone is around just in case. An inversion table sometimes helps my lower back unwind. Doesn't do crap for my middle or upper back though..

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for you. I have bouts of lower back pain and/or neck pain that can be debilitating. I imagine living with it non-stop every day would drive me insane. Hope you find a way to get some relief.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if i didn't have upper body strength i'd be immobile now, have to pull or push myself up, make sure i've got my legs under me, and shuffle around. this getting old sucks. i'll look into one of those tables, a tens unit would likely be good as well. icy-hot has become my new cologne LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom