My guilty denim pleasure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only wear designer jeans.

But they are not more comfortable, you just are telling yourselves that to feel better about the high price.

Worn frequently, they do not last longer than regular jeans. Mek's wear out super fast. True Religion lasts longer.

You also have to be careful to not let all the stuff on the back cut or scratch your leather seats.

BUT - You guys are missing the point. You dont wear these jeans because YOU like them or not. There are only 2 reason for them:
1. You wear them because right now, its what the WOMEN like to see you in.
2. You wear them because they are expensive and everyone can see what a baller you are because you have on $300 jeans.

In comparison to $17 new off the rack cheapies yeah there is a difference in thickness and feel. You might be right about wear duration, since i never owned any before but usually my cheap jeans are falling to pieces inside of a year. I normally buy 3 new pairs every 12 to 18 months.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey, why not just go back to Corduroy Pants ... :thumbup3:

g_lvl3.nordstromimage.com_imagegallery_store_product_Large_3__7164103.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But they are not more comfortable, you just are telling yourselves that to feel better about the high price.

Worn frequently, they do not last longer than regular jeans. Mek's wear out super fast. True Religion lasts longer.

You also have to be careful to not let all the stuff on the back cut or scratch your leather seats.

BUT - You guys are missing the point. You dont wear these jeans because YOU like them or not. There are only 2 reason for them:
2. You wear them because they are expensive and everyone can see what a baller you are because you have on $300 jeans.

The stretch denim in real designer jeans like CofH, PPD and AG really is much more comfortable. Mek is not a designer jean.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In comparison to $17 new off the rack cheapies yeah there is a difference in thickness and feel. You might be right about wear duration, since i never owned any before but usually my cheap jeans are falling to pieces inside of a year. I normally buy 3 new pairs every 12 to 18 months.

My Wranglers have lasted 5+ years... even including working on the bare ground and in weather...

I'm the type that only buys clothes out of necessity. The only reason I have half of my current wardrobe is my wife.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I give a crap what anybody thinks about my clothes. I wear them for me. What is comfortable works. People that worry about what their butt looks like have other issues.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give a crap what anybody thinks about my clothes. I wear them for me. What is comfortable works. People that worry about what their butt looks like have other issues.
Well their issues are here's my butt. My butt is ensconsced in $300 jeans. Look at it. Look at my butt, and pay it respeck or it'll rise-up and destroy you. Chicks love that kind of thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom