My moon child sister in law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
7800FBC4-3AFC-4A0B-BA8E-95310EB5313B.jpeg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done dowsing. I don't have a clue as to how it works, but it does work. Freaked me out a bit when my Dad showed me how when I was 17. My geology teacher had said it was a myth, and I talked to Dad about it. Might be something with magnetic fields, might be magic powers, might be something weird in my brain. Might not be anything I've considered. I have used it to find sewer and water pipes. Seems to work for underground wiring, too. I have never done a serious study to see what limits it has, nor have I tried the forked willow twigs the Appalachian water dowsers use. Dad showed me with a couple of pieces of bent coathanger wire. Last time we did it together, when I was home on leave from the USAF one time, we found the plugged drain line for the septic system at his house, and dug up the plastic pipe, and found where the RV parking on top of it had collapse and blocked the drain line. That's been close to 40 years ago.

Had a friend once who could tell you a bit of the history of an object once she'd held it, too. Dropped a knife I'd gotten from my dad into her hand once, and she blanched, and dropped it. Said someone had committed murder with it. I don't know about that, but Dad took it from a guy who attacked him with it, when he was on sentry duty as an Army National Guardsman and reported the guy for returning late from a pass. He had at least tried to kill my dad with it. Dad was a little skinny guy, but strong as heck, and not someone to be messing with.

Bill

My uncle Quentin was a "water witch". He could find water, I've seen him do it. Back in the 80s we used to fish on a real nice place that belonged to a driller of water wells in western Ark and Eastern Ok. We had access because Quentin did business with the guy - he hired Quentin to find water on property, then he'd bring equipment out and drill.

You don't keep paying good money for hocus-pocus. I don't don't how it worked, and Quentin said he didn't either, but it sure enough worked.

RIP Quentin.

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are literally countless studies within the realms of parapsychology and quantum physics that make it quite clear that human thought, intention, and overall human consciousness has some sort of relationship with our physical material world. That is not what's in question, what's in question is the nature of that relationship and how strong this effect is. There is still so much to discover.
Dude, no. Parapsychology, sure they believe it. But no one that actually does quantum field theory, quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, quantum chromodynamics, or any other real science on the Planck scale has found a single thing that suggests that human thoughts influence physical reality. There is no "observers thoughts" term in the Dirac equation. I'm 1000% on board with live and let live, I'm 1000% onboard with there is lots we don't know, but just like I'd call out anybody proposing perpetual motion, there are things we know aren't correct and "thinking here makes particles do stuff over there" is one thing we know is not real. Decoherence between entangled particles and the literally inconceivable number of interaction involved is what precludes it and it's why we don't see the same probablistic behavior of quantum particles manifest in the deterministic macro scale we live in. I'll peacefully debate values and ethics on any theology or philosophy, but I'll stand strong on my soapbox over bad science.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody here ever heard of James Randi, "The Amazing Randi"? His book Flim-Flam is very interesting, he passed away a couple of years ago, but as far as I know his foundation still offers $1 million to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal abilities under controlled circumstances. Randi said he cannot prove the paranormal does not exist, but he could demonstrate that any paranormal abilities he had seen COULD be accomplished through natural means like slight of hand, and he replicated all kinds of paranormal claims. Many people applied for his $1 million challenge, but no one ever succeeded.

https://www.grunge.com/266585/the-untold-truth-of-the-amazing-randi/

2 Timothy 4:7-8

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, no. Parapsychology, sure they believe it. But no one that actually does quantum field theory, quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, quantum chromodynamics, or any other real science on the Planck scale has found a single thing that suggests that human thoughts influence physical reality. There is no "observers thoughts" term in the Dirac equation. I'm 1000% on board with live and let live, I'm 1000% onboard with there is lots we don't know, but just like I'd call out anybody proposing perpetual motion, there are things we know aren't correct and "thinking here makes particles do stuff over there" is one thing we know is not real. Decoherence between entangled particles and the literally inconceivable number of interaction involved is what precludes it and it's why we don't see the same probablistic behavior of quantum particles manifest in the deterministic macro scale we live in. I'll peacefully debate values and ethics on any theology or philosophy, but I'll stand strong on my soapbox over bad science.

Yeah can I get that in hillbilly English please? Lol jk jk. I understood about half of what you're saying.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two fleas, one named Dude, were arguing over who owned the dog they inhabited. When the other named quantum theory, shouted him down and said this one dog was all that existed, and he refused to hear anything else!

Latest posts

Top Bottom