My moon child sister in law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Highway Patrol
got it. and oh man, I've never seen sneaky speed traps like here. on I-40 the other day, they had a marked cruiser with an officer on the side of the road between el reno and yukon, everyone slows down, once they get past, everyone speeds back up and boom, the real speed trap is 1/2 mile past the first cruiser

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, no. Parapsychology, sure they believe it. But no one that actually does quantum field theory, quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, quantum chromodynamics, or any other real science on the Planck scale has found a single thing that suggests that human thoughts influence physical reality. There is no "observers thoughts" term in the Dirac equation. I'm 1000% on board with live and let live, I'm 1000% onboard with there is lots we don't know, but just like I'd call out anybody proposing perpetual motion, there are things we know aren't correct and "thinking here makes particles do stuff over there" is one thing we know is not real. Decoherence between entangled particles and the literally inconceivable number of interaction involved is what precludes it and it's why we don't see the same probablistic behavior of quantum particles manifest in the deterministic macro scale we live in. I'll peacefully debate values and ethics on any theology or philosophy, but I'll stand strong on my soapbox over bad science.
We now know who the smartest man in the room is, If you doubt it, just ask him!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of this religious diversity reminds me of the movie The Mummy.

One of the supporting characters had symbols and was praying to gods of different beliefs whenever the shooting started. He said he wasn’t taking any chances.

Your belief comes from inside you. Believe what you want as long as it doesn’t harm others.

The problems start when you try to force that belief on others and change their way of life.
That was also R. Lee Ermy's statement In The siege of Firebase Gloria.

• Hafner : A little religious communication might not be a bad idea at this stage of the game. Now myself, I don't take any chances, I talk to Mohammed, Buddha, Mr. Jesus H. Christ Himself and any other religious honchos I can come up with.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
quantum particles dont behave according to classical physics. they are fundamentally weird and do things that seem like magic at the macro scale. They can disappear and reappear on the other side of a solid object, they can be in multiple places at once and behave like a wave and a particle. The claim in pseudo-science is that ideas like in "the secret" or "what the bleep do we know about it" are real. that thinking with intention can have an effect on the physical reality around you. the test they show in "what the bleep..." was thinking good thoughts vs bad thoughts at water bottles while they freeze leads to differences in the crystal structures of the ice formed. This experiment has been repeated multiple times with scientists instead shwamalama ding-dongs selling mysticism and there are no repeatable results.
does thinking affect the physical universe? your brain fires using electrical signals, and numerous quantum interactions are happening every second in your brain, *but the quantum nature of individual particles does not extend to distances on our size scale* quantum weirdness becomes inconsequential because of the quadrillions of interactions any particle would have in any intervening space. anything weird, any aberrant fluctuation, any "intention" given to the particle would be completely lost within those intervening interactions over *any* distance except in very controlled environments like where they study quantum computing and superconducting.
What about thought "waves" that can influence many particles?
quantum particles are weird but still have rules. any form of interactable matter is made of sets of quarks (usually a group of 3) that form leptons. leptons are the stuff you learned about in school, protons and neutrons, the fundamental building blocks of matter. Electrons are fundamental and cant be divided. The point is, to affect a single atom of hydrogen, you must A) overcome the strong force (which is damn near impossible) or B) have a "thought wave" interact with the universal quantum electric field. The thought wave would have to affect all particles (3 quarks and an electron per hydrogen atom) in a meaningful way that overcomes all other status quo interactions, the thought wave would have to *not interact* with anyone else's thought waves so the signal was coherent, and the thought wave must be powerful enough to affect 6.02x10^23 hydrogen atoms to influence a single gram of the lightest possible atoms. With all that in mind, the idea of thinking at a water bottle and affecting the uncountable number of particles involved in a water bottle full of forming ice is insane. if we had the power to do that, then physics wouldn't be reproducible and the universe would be full of crazy **** not acting according to the laws of physics because people thought about "what if there was a star made of frogs?" half a million light years away.
imagine shooting a wave of cueballs at an ocean of pool balls and expecting something meaningful to happen because you did.
weird /= mystical.
beware of guru's and anyone explaining how stuff happens based on "science doesn't know, therefore, magic" especially if they have a book deal.

So are you saying the Force might not be real?

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is an interesting article, I didn't know they had found anything as large as an atom that could resist decoherence (albeit in a synthetic molecule). The rest of the article is about what i was saying, that quantum consciousness is "a cottage industry" of "woo mysticism".
I may or may not be the smartest person in the room at any given time, but my point wasn't to make a show of it, but its quantum mechanics and it kind of doesn't have a layman explanation because it isn't a simple or relatable concept. our regular experience of the world is vastly different than the one underpinning it. Sorry if it seemed like I was stroking off in public, I just happen to have a passion for physics.
Here's a cool video that explains it better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom