1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My MPX Project! Help Me decide.

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by POKE1911, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Subsonic

Subsonic Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Longer hand guard for a longer sight picture and an integrated look.

POKE1911 likes this.
  2. }BuLL

}BuLL Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have the exact same setup, and am quite pleased. Longer hand guard as well as I like the nested suppressor. Although I have had the trigger fire in binary mode with the selector set to Semi. Only once or twice so far, but if it continues I may move it to my AR. The Raptor is a great improvement over the Gen 1 handle.

3. POKE1911

POKE1911 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep I had the exact same thing happen to me, except mine was binary all of the time rather than intermittent. The problem is that the original disconnecter spring is not strong enough to fight the force of the bolt. The good news is that they have a fix to the problem it’s a stronger disco spring, looked a tad bit longer too. The bad news is you have to take it out, disassemble, reassemble, and reinstall. Which can be a huge pain in the ass. Hope you saved the slave pin, if not you can borrow mine. You just have to email Franklin Armory and they will mail you the the stronger spring, mine was free. It solved the problem, but I’m only 300 rounds in after the fix, but looks to be solid! If you decide to move it to your AR you will want to switch out the spring as it may be slightly compressed and do the same thing.

Oh also, Freedom Munitions Hush 165g is amazing in this rifle. It’s insane how quiet it is.

4. }BuLL

}BuLL Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Excellent, I appreciate the information & offer. I will give that a shot.

5. ibanda

ibanda Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Nice looking build! I am a big fan of nearly all things SIG. I like the longer rail.