My oven won't go off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just noticed it was warm in the kitchen and come to find out my oven is on. The knob is set to off, but it won't kill the flames! The knob isn't stripped as I pulled it off and turned the shaft itself, still no luck. It does seem the shaft part that the knob goes on seems to move easily and in several directions like a joystIck instead of just rotating. For now I have pulled the oven away from the wall and shut off the gas valve to it. Anyone heard of this before? What could it be and more importantly, how much is it going to cost me?!?

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
light a match or a lighter, that will shut it off. :bolt:

In reality though you can do it if you don't want to pay the $$$ for someone to come out and do it for you. Should be able to find instructions easy enough if they are not included in the packaging. Depending on who you get it through they should be able to tell you what to do as well.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our GE acted up like this. It was the electronic igniter/ preheat mode. It would GLOW and heat the kitchen up, even when turned off. Unpluging it stopped it. Eventually replaced the oven/stove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom