My son dropped a bomb on me yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
all you can do is be accepting of your son and let em know you love him no matter what he likes. you just need to let him know the vast majority of society thinks its wrong, it goes against god, and people are going to make fun of-and be mean to him because he chooses to do something that goes against nature and is odd and sticks out as un-natural.so basically let him know life is gonna be rough.

sorry to hear this. i hope your son realizes he has been watching to much television lately. thats what i blame. all the you-tube videos and video games and Japanese anime cartoons pushing this stuff to the youth as being ok.

seems like society has been trying to pretty much push this as something acceptable. like they want everyone to be those unnatural hair color democratic karens that wear facemasks in the car.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Given his age and the existing conditions, I get the feeling it's probably a phase more than anything. Is he mostly a stay at home type of kid or does he do heavy physical activities?

Our tribal roots mean being that age is when boys are supposed to grow into men with purpose and drive (landing a big hunt, exploring unknown territory, going into battle with an enemy tribe), but the modern world strips all this away from kids. In other words, if a teenager doesn't have enough to stay active, busy and tired then those hormones are going to fluctuate like crazy until they get much older and the endocrine system settles down.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, dude. I don't know what to say...

It ain't "ok" to be homo, but on the other hand, I'd hate to distance myself from my son.

I'd probably go on a huntin' or fishin' trip with him and let him "run in" to an obliging female.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be interested in@ tRidiot's opinion on this since he's a doctor, but I don't think it's that unusual for a kid in his early teens to question his/her sexuality. It probably is unusual for them to tell their parents, which could mean it's more than a casual curiosity, or it could mean he just has that level of trust with you.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested in@ tRidiot's opinion on this since he's a doctor, but I don't think it's that unusual for a kid in his early teens to question his/her sexuality. It probably is unusual for them to tell their parents, which could mean it's more than a casual curiosity, or it could mean he just has that level of trust with you.
Read post #5 then. I believe you just overlooked his opinion on it.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have raised your son to be open and honest with you and taught him he can trust you to help navigate life's difficult situations at a vulnerable age. I have a slightly different view point however. I was raised by two mother's that raised me to be a Christian. I grew up in the non denominational gay church (MCC), and was taught that love is love regardless of gender. Growing up I never had homosexual tendencies or thoughts. But I have got the benifit of not judging others for their choices. Yes sin is sin absolutely, but God loves us through our sin. I'm sorry that you and your son are struggling with this demon now, but be happy that he can approach you and not try to struggle with it on his own. I think you had the correct reaction and praise you for that. But please work on being understanding that it is possible to be a good Christian man and live with sin as many of us do. I hope it's a "phase" for your son. I will pray for guidance and healing for your family.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW - I do know some people who 'experimented' with their sexuality in their teens. It's a confusing time in their lives, and it's surely more difficult given the current situation. It worked itself out for those that I know. I may be a passing issue for your son.

Latest posts

Top Bottom