My son dropped a bomb on me yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure they do, lots of them. I won't pretend they talk to me about it, mostly. Only very rare ones, usually the ones whom are showing it out for the world to see.

Teenagers don't talk about that s*** with their doctor, usually.

I'd be willing to be this is true of most "adults" too. :anyone:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He has some good taste in women. None of these are masculine women at all. Yes, Gal Gadot plays Wonderwoman a strong female, still she doesn't look masculine in Wonderwoman outfit or in plain clothes. That being said, there are some biological males that look very feminine anymore and unless you see the adams apple it would be very difficult to call them a man.

I don't think he is bi, I do think he is struggling with the current culture, isolation, and being a teenager. This might be too forward, but have you asked him what he finds attractive in both men and women? In the most basic form with women it is to find a wife, procreate, and pass along his genetics for future generations. When it comes to men, there is sexual gratification but then what?

As a gamer, I can say there are significant amounts of LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ content in games that might not be noticed by many people. Even listing games as "teen" or "adult" according to the gaming standards has declined due to the shift in cultural beliefs. Hence you will see a "teen" rating as opposed to "adult". Hell the most recent Borderlands 3 extension, Guns, Love and Tentacles, portrays two men as a gay couple that own a firearms manufacturing company. Neither of the characters act feminine at all. Understand the influence is everywhere and the left have made huge strides in pushing their agenda while the more conservative groups have stood idle.

Nothing but support for you. As others have said you must have done some things right as a parent for him to be open with you even though he knew it would hurt you. I am sure you two will work through this and likely have a stronger relationship once everything settles.
I only allow him to play certain games. The only games he plays is, dead by daylight, Friday the 13th, warframe, Minecraft, and Destiny. Sure dead by daylight and Friday the 13th are violent and they cuss. But he knows not to do those things. But he has never played grant theft auto or anything like that. And I don’t play it either. My games typically aren’t dirty. They have some language and violence but that’s about it. But I understand what your saying. The left is pushing this crap everywhere. One of my favorite games is the last of us. It was excellent. The second one came out a couple months ago and I cancelled my collectors edition preorder because of the leftist crap that was in it. They made the main character a lesbian. They killed off the other main character because he was an even white man. They had a “transgender” person in it. The stuff they put in the game is flat ridiculous. But it was done on purpose. I love it though, the game has gotten hammered with bad reviews and has gotten tons of hate. But thank you for your thoughts.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm not sure how much this will help. Growing up my sister was a lesbian hell we picked up chicks together. She decided she wanted to be a man so now she/ he is trans, we talked I'll never understand it but its not my life. My brother in law is gay and I have a lot of gay friends. But in the end I'm just a man so who am I to judge them on what the choose to do, all I can do is accept them for who they are.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man that’s tough…I salute you for remaining calm. I lost it when my daughter told us she was gay. It’s been 7 years now, and thankfully her and I are finally good again. I’ve seen now 3 different shrinks in my adult life, I asked all 3 about this very issue. Each one gave me the same “facts” along with “proven evidence”, now whether that’s right or wrong, they could’ve been just telling me what I wanted to hear. I’ve always believed this is a choice, and had little, if anything to do with genetics. To me, if it was inherent, we wouldn’t have as much multiplying as we do as a race. We see it more and more, because there are no morals in society anymore. These kids see it on tv, social media, etc., and all their celebrity “roll models” are doing it, so I guess it’s cool.

Anyway, with my daughter, I had to come to grips with the fact, I will never accept it, but I have learned to deal with it. It has meant everything for her and I, she will always be my baby girl, I will always hope she turns back “normal”, but either way, I will always love and cherish her deeply. I’m sure you and your son will as well. Good luck to you and your family!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love him and be there for him as you have always been. You may not agree with his choice of life style and he needs to honor your beliefs just as you need to love him regardless.

He will need you to be there for him and I think you will.

God bless you both

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my girlfriend is a therapist, and used to specialize in kids. She decided she got tired of custody battles, divorces, and really terrible stuff. Now she tends to stick with older kids and teenagers. With that being said, I have this to say:

from what I have heard from her accounts, and what she literally just told me, kids going through this sorta thing just want to know you still love and accept them. This sorta thing isn’t easy for any parties involved, and just like grown adults, kids need time to figure out what’s going on in their mind. It’s a little harder for them than us, as they don’t have the life experience and hormonal stability that we do as adults. Even if you don’t understand what’s going on in his head, just plain ol being a dad is important. Not pushing the issue, being there to listen or talk if desired, and just love that kid and respect them.

now, just my .02: getting your kid in to mental help can be a good thing if they want it. Not all therapists or psychiatrists are the same. Some can be pretty liberal, or conservative. They should, ethically, be neutral though. But, if you/he want a Christian counselor there is that option. Going to psychologytoday.com allows you to browse counselors based upon what your son is comfortable with and such. You could find a female Christian counselor who specialized in sexuality issues and puberty that charges on a sliding scale within the Edmond area or however specific you wanna get.

also, as a previous kid myself, who was raised in a strict Protestant home, I feel that when I started slipping away from the church my parents and friends pushed harder to steer me back in their preferred direction, without regard to my thoughts or feelings. This pushed me further away, but my life experiences made the real decisions for me. But in the mean time I could have used some love and respect, it would have saved me a lot of heartache.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He mentioned he already sees a psychiatrist. Although I'll warn you, any psychiatrist, counselor, etc., these days is more than likely just going to tell him everything is fine, he doesn't need to worry about being bisexual. They're going to reinforce the world's idea that is ok. not just ok but "perfectly normal."
Yep, and maybe even encourage it.

While at 15 it is hard to restrict what he watches, I do not let my kids (younger) watch youtube at all unless I'm watching with them. There is so much evil out there trying to mess up our kids.

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my son wanted to talk to me yesterday about something. We talked about God and how he sometimes doesn’t believe He exists. I tried to talk with him like I have in the past to prove that He does. All of the sudden he starts breaking down and bawling. My son just turned 15 last week. I asked him what was wrong and he just kept crying and hiding his face. I kept asking him and he finally said “ I like both boys and girls”. My heart sank into my stomach when I heard those words. I’m still sick to my stomach about it. I didn’t get mad or anything I just talked with him about it and told him that it was wrong and that he cannot do it. Then I tried to explain why it’s no different than other sins. I tried to offer some comfort and relate to him as best I could. He said that’s why he was doubting God because why would God allow him to be that way. I told him God has nothing to do with it. We have mental issues on both sides of the families and he takes medicine for ADHD and depression.

I don’t know if it’s just a phase that he is goin through or what. I just don’t know how to feel other than sick and hurt. I love my son more than anything and just want the best for him. I want y’all to know how hard this is for me to share. It’s tearing me up. I don’t know if I should take him to counseling or something like that or not. He sees a psychiatrist for his adhd and depression so I could mention it to them. I’m still shocked that he told me because he knows I’m a Christian and he knows how I feel about that stuff. But again, as I tried to explain, sin is sin to God. Unless it’s blasphemy. Everything can be forgiven if we repent. I told him that it’s a struggle for me to not lust and I have to fight it every day. So I told him he has to fight any feelings he may have and not give in to them. But he has never been out with a girl or a boy before. He don’t go to peoples houses and no one comes to ours. So I don’t have to worry about him doing anything right now. And he home schools now. Anyway, I had to get this off my chest. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated. I would also ask that anyone that will, to say a prayer for my son and my family. Thanks.
Well sir consider this...even knowing what you believe...he still came to you with his problem/feelings. That tells me he loves you and values your input. That says he trusts you and to me you must be one heck of a man and father. Just continue to be you and to love him and this will just fade into a less than critical issue no matter how it turns out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom