Nashville School Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand and agree(even further). My point is given this situation if that was done it would be used by them and their advocates as more proof of oppression and torture justifying violent reactions. They'd probably say they were being sent to the country to be genocided by the cows, sad part is many would agree with the first part and some even the second.
Good point Billybob about the 'oppression and torture' part because I'm sure to most of them even a partial day of actual work would be considered torture.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the school officials should be asked if they applied for/received safety grants for officers through the "Secure Our Schools" fed. grant program($1bil.?) or an accounting of how any funds received were spent(like in Broward Co.). The fact remains that removing officers was a widespread movement(like in Denver) after the George Floyd incident because of ideological(racial) issues(oppression/trauma/criminalization of students)
There are plenty of articles detailing the removals and why they were argued for...

From May 2020 through June 2022, at least 50 districts serving over 1.7 million children have ended their school policing programs or cut their budgets.
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/which-districts-have-cut-school-policing-programs/2021/06

This article says it all...

"Instead of subsidizing more police officers, we need to help schools hire more counselors, more nurses, more mental health practitioners"...
"students of color are often unfairly targeted and disciplined by police in schools"...
"black girls are four times more likely to be arrested than white girls. This is not simply an inequity, this is a crisis in and of itself,"...

https://www.police1.com/school-safe...nding-for-police-in-schools-EqjIdTFa9Uja6bWF/
Here's another one that's n interesting read...

https://www.idra.org/resource-cente...ding-and-accountability-across-the-u-s-south/
I won't say funding is never an issue but the real question is what has removed more school officers, funding or the widespread denial of what some kids and segments of our society are like and believe.
"Instead of subsidizing more police officers, we need to help schools hire more counselors, more nurses, more mental health practitioners"...
"students of color are often unfairly targeted and disciplined by police in schools"...
"black girls are four times more likely to be arrested than white girls. This is not simply an inequity, this is a crisis in and of itself,"...

Most of us here were probably raised with the belief that if you don't want to get into trouble, then you don't do things that will get you into trouble.
Maybe I'm just an old fart but it's not "more counselors, more nurses, more mental health practitioners" that are needed in our schools - it's more parents that are willing to discipline their kids for screwing-up. I'm not advocating for 'beating' kids, but the judicial use of a belt on occasion, can carry a lot of influence.
Obviously the 'never hit a child' mantra that many hold onto, hasn't seemed to work very well over the long term. Maybe it's time to go back to a more tried and true way of raising our kids.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most private Christian schools won't apply for or accept any kind of federal grants or handouts even if they're not monetary. They fear that strings will be attached if not presently but even in the future.
I realize that and agree, my post was in response to a statement specifically about Moore Public Schools

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It keeps happening because our politicians don’t give a rats rear about kids. It’s a very easy fix. Getting rid of gun free zones could have easily been done when the republicans controlled everything. But of course they didn’t care about that. They didn’t do anything. But hey, it’s those dang democrats every time!

But I also blame this on us. We have allowed all these so called “laws” to be created. Gun free zones is no exception. Expect more and more of this to happen. Our overlords want it to happen. It gives them more leverage against us to strip our freedom away.
But this is a Private Christian school. Are they subjected to the same protocols of public schools? Are churches gun free zones? I haven't looked it up, so bear with me.
I know of several Churches that have armed security during service.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most of us here were probably raised with the belief that if you don't want to get into trouble, then you don't do things that will get you into trouble.
Maybe I'm just an old fart but it's not "more counselors, more nurses, more mental health practitioners" that are needed in our schools - it's more parents that are willing to discipline their kids for screwing-up. I'm not advocating for 'beating' kids, but the judicial use of a belt on occasion, can carry a lot of influence.
Obviously the 'never hit a child' mantra that many hold onto, hasn't seemed to work very well over the long term. Maybe it's time to go back to a more tried and true way of raising our kids.
Perhaps the demographics data that emerge from arrest statistics are a result of the behavioral characteristics of the individuals in those data sets and not the attitudes or prejudices of the officers involved.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
But this is a Private Christian school. Are they subjected to the same protocols of public schools? Are churches gun free zones? I haven't looked it up, so bear with me.
I know of several Churches that have armed security during service.
In Oklahoma they have and had have for years less restrictions on who can carry on school campus that public schools. State legislature left that decision entirely up to the school board.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Discipline is certainly a factor in all this as well as the different reasons for the lack of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom