Broken Arrow schools warn legal marijuana could hurt students

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Observations made as an educator…how is it not true?
HE's wrong that's possible.. kids struggle from all sorts of things that affect their learning God believe me i know! pot may actually help a lot of people !! i just believe that Booze should be illegal before weed. many a friend mimed or killed by the stuff mother died an alcoholic. just not so with weed.. educator or not his opinion is biased.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was probably 14 or 15

id guess. And it was a handfull of times.

Are your disagreeing with me?

Big difference in a handful of versus regular times

I was probably 14 or 15
id guess. And it was a handfull of times.
Are your disagreeing with me?
Handful of times is not the issue. Consistent (daily) or extremely high doses is with teens. Pre teens or younger are more sensitive. So do I disagree with you that you are okay? You seem to be fine from what you said. If you had smoked it 2 times per day or more from 15 on, I would think you may have issues.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Observations made as an educator…how is it not true?
That one has me puzzled as well. Not sure how someone can deny another person’s first hand experiences over decades of service. I’ve known probably 50ish teachers and 15 COPS that all say the same as yourself. Through my involvement in a number of 12 Step groups I have heard the personal stories of tens of thousands of people since November 7, 1986 and of course there are people there that come from good homes however it doesn’t take long to see a pattern develop and realize that the overwhelming majority of people abusing drugs and alcohol started as adolescents and had parents that used. You can try and tell me I haven’t heard what I heard or witnessed what I’ve seen but it IS a documented fact. Now there will be people that want to deny that for various personal reasons and that’s absolutely their choice and I’m not going to beat my head against a wall to convince them otherwise. Heck! Let’s take a look at the Bible. We have the parable of the Prodigal Son who appears to have come from a decent home and for whatever reason had his head up his hind end. Then we have in Deuteronomy 5 where it talks about the “sins of the father being passed down to the third and fourth generation.” Believe what you wish but don’t sit there and try and tell me not to believe my lying eyes.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's very interesting. My wife and I don't smoke, drink, gamble. Raised our kids in church and Scouts and led by example.

I go visit my oldest son's grave every weekend. He did drugs, got hooked, spiraled right down and was gone at age 24. He was the apple of my eye.

I guess if you do stuff right, and you get lucky - it's easy to give yourself credit for your kids choices. If you see other kids doing bad stuff, it must be very gratifying to smugly blame the parents.

Yep. I did partake when I was in college. I joke around on here about how much scotch I drink but I haven't had a drink in a week -- maybe two -- I'd have to check the drinking thread LOL to see.

I might have a drink tonight -- might not. Depends. I'm a "pleasure" drinker -- after an exceptionally good day pain-wise (which ain't that often anymore) or other. One drink and I'm done. It's because I ENJOY the scotch for it's flavor -- and the relaxation in contemplating how this world isn't ALL bad after all. Might not have another for MONTHS ... Anyway ...

After I had kids the strongest thing in my house was Bayer aspirin. Oh ... And the Benedryl I caught my youngest son and his buddies taking to "catch a buzz" one afternoon when I came home from work early.

You can teach your kids right from wrong, what can be dangerous to them and what is "okay" but you cannot save them from themselves ... I love each of my kids as much now as I did the day they were born. The choices 2 of them make today, as adults, is NOT what I taught them was okay to do. But I carry that burden heavily because I am always wondering what I could have done different. You guys with "perfect" children have no idea how lucky you have been.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck! Let’s take a look at the Bible. We have the parable of the Prodigal Son who appears to have come from a decent home and for whatever reason had his head up his hind end. Then we have in Deuteronomy 5 where it talks about the “sins of the father being passed down to the third and fourth generation.” Believe what you wish but don’t sit there and try and tell me not to believe my lying eyes.
So are we going to revert to the New Testament (prodigal son) or Old Testament (Deuteronomy)?
I think God's love is fully explained in Deut 2:34.

Good grief, it's hard to wash off 51 years in a cult, but I'm trying.

Last edited:

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That one has me puzzled as well. Not sure how someone can deny another person’s first hand experiences over decades of service. I’ve known probably 50ish teachers and 15 COPS that all say the same as yourself. Through my involvement in a number of 12 Step groups I have heard the personal stories of tens of thousands of people since November 7, 1986 and of course there are people there that come from good homes however it doesn’t take long to see a pattern develop and realize that the overwhelming majority of people abusing drugs and alcohol started as adolescents and had parents that used. You can try and tell me I haven’t heard what I heard or witnessed what I’ve seen but it IS a documented fact. Now there will be people that want to deny that for various personal reasons and that’s absolutely their choice and I’m not going to beat my head against a wall to convince them otherwise. Heck! Let’s take a look at the Bible. We have the parable of the Prodigal Son who appears to have come from a decent home and for whatever reason had his head up his hind end. Then we have in Deuteronomy 5 where it talks about the “sins of the father being passed down to the third and fourth generation.” Believe what you wish but don’t sit there and try and tell me not to believe my lying eyes.
No I am telling you not to tell other the same.. your not the only person with personal experience.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are we going to revert to the New Testament (prodigal son) or Old Testament (Deuteronomy)?
I think God's love is fully explained in Deut 2:34.
Ted I don’t think we “revert” to either one exclusively over the other. I gave and example of each to show an unbiased opinion. I also really don’t understand your reference to Deut 2:34 “And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom