NBC's pledge of allegiance edit causes stir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cadence we learned in 1964 didn't make any sense anyway. "one nation...Under god... indivisible."
It would make sense to say one indivisible nation under God. But it makes no sense to say one nation under god indivisible. It makes it seem that God is indivisible rather than the nation. One really should consult Strunk an White on this issue. Again: I say it the way I was taught to say it. Thanks Ike.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago when I flew to texas, to participate in the first of two eagle scout cerimonies that my dear sister helped arranged for her sons .I noticed that she left a couple of words out of the pledge. Two Eagle Scouts, one marine. I think she did ok.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai.imgur.com_ARTYJ.jpg

hctbh

Last edited by a moderator:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally like the "under God" part of the Pledge. I also believe it's no accident that NBC left it out. I'm not upset by it, but I think it does show their bias. I think a lot of people here take a more libertarian point of view on it, but I'm not sure that's what NBC had in mind.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they took "under god" out. Why should someone have to say "under god" if they don't believe it? I understand the tradition of it, but I don't understand how taking "under god" out warrants party bashing. But whatever

Latest posts

Top Bottom