NBC's pledge of allegiance edit causes stir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people mean when they say, "We've lost our morals." If anything history has shown us that a church-state can be as corrupt and oppressive as any other from of government. Our Founding Fathers realized this form of oppression and created a government that would not interfere with our spiritual beliefs.

dozerjoe

Marksman
Reaction score
i guess it really depends on what freedom from religion means to the person. i jumped to the conclusion that you maybe one of the people who believe the wording "freedom from religion" is actually written somewhere in our founding. alot of people who believe that think any mention of god infringes on a right of the person who does not believe in a god of any religion. i dont see how saying one nation under god infringes on your freedom. if you dont wanna say it, dont. you are not being forced to join a church. your not being told to profess jesus as your savior. i could not agree more, you should not have to worship my god, your god, or your lack of a god if you do not want to. the wording under god has more of a historical meaning to most people anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom