Need expert opinions, please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeadSlinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for all the input. You've convinced me to keep it. Now I've just got to figure out a way that I can enjoy it, while still keeping it in pristine condition. Right now, it's locked up in a gun case out of sight. No way for a fine firearm to live.

I'm glad you decided to keep it Danny. My brother pawned some of my dads guns and I was furious. I knew the pawn guy and he still had them and let me get all of them back. I now have all of them in my possession now....never to leave again.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father passed away and as an ex Marine and ex cop and ex hunter you can imagine his collection. Now,I was one of my dads best budds and my dad was a wheeler dealer kind of guy with just about anything he ever owned-cars,guns,etc-and I knew for a fact that he never would have payed retail for anything he owned. When he passed me and my sibs went to his house about a month after he died to go thru his stuff and take things that we each cared about. Being the only gun person of the 5 of us I got all of the guns,gear,safe,military items,etc. We're talking brands like: S&W,Colt,Beretta,Weatherby,Franchi,Savage,H&R,Winchester,Remington,etcetc. He even had his fathers old H&R service revolver when my grampa was a cop and chief of police in the 50s. I kept what was sacred to me,mostly his police and military gear and all of the pistols and revolvers, and only sold off the more hunting style long guns that I knew he had traded for,stole,found,whatever.

I say keep it as a reminder and save for the AR. You would regret it later if you didnt have it to remind you of him. I would anyways.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, I would never forgive myself if I got rid of that gun. But that's just me.

If you really want an AR, just save up an dbuy one. Don't trade a magnificent gun like that for one. Especially since it was your dad's.

BC

Absolutely would not get rid of that pistol. It has history, more importantly, family history. Put it in the safe and save your nickels for the shotgun/AR. Just my $0.02.

Latest posts

Top Bottom