Need expert opinions, please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although even with the "might get into trouble" part of the OP's post, I bet he's already got tons of PMs about his gun and thus successfully bypassed the OSA classified rule.

Actually, and thankfully, that hasn't happened. And I hope it doesn't.

Until I started using this site, I was adament about never getting rid of the Python.

After reading the responses here, you can rest assured that it would take one hell of a deal for me to get rid of it. The only reason I thought about it was due to the way my dad was. If I keep it, I'll probably never fire it. My dad would tell me to use it to get something I'd use.

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter. I truly appreciate it.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
ITS A KEEPER. I know from where I speak. My uncle gave me my Grandfathers pistol a few years ago. I didnt even know he had a handgun and it was a Colt Bisley. Yes it is used and had been re-chambered to 38 special but who cares it is going to my son when he gets out of college and he can pass it on. Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No shortage of experts here. As much as we would all like to have that python, you need to keep it. Shoot it, enjoy it, keep it in the sock drawer, or whatever... Anytime you pick it up you'll think of your Dad. I'd take memories over an AR any day.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully this is clear by now, you should keep it. I have 3 guns and a fly-fishing rod that first belonged to my grandfather that I never got to meet, and that my dad passed on to me. The only time those will ever see the light of day is when I admire them and clean them. Keep the Colt. If you sold it, you'd regret it the moment you let go of it. I know the money may sound good, and they say money doesn't grow on trees, but neither do memories. You can always buy an AR later and make some new memories, but you could never get them back if you lost that gun.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for all the input. You've convinced me to keep it. Now I've just got to figure out a way that I can enjoy it, while still keeping it in pristine condition. Right now, it's locked up in a gun case out of sight. No way for a fine firearm to live.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for all the input. You've convinced me to keep it. Now I've just got to figure out a way that I can enjoy it, while still keeping it in pristine condition. Right now, it's locked up in a gun case out of sight. No way for a fine firearm to live.

Hope its not in a foam-lined or soft-case. If so, you need to get it out of that and ensure its cleaned/oiled (with something like Break-Free CLP or other good gun protectant) and keep it in an open-air environment that's humidity controlled (presumably anywhere in the house except for near a humidifier), preferably a safe, but if you don't have one, no big deal - just don't put it in a sealed foam-lined case.

A friend of mine had a very nice gun rust badly because he left it in a foam-case - those things basically hold any moisture (like condensation) right up against the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom