New Bills to End the Walkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said before, I'm sick of hearing the teachers ***** and complain. They won. Pick up your chips and leave the table. I know a bunch of local boys, working at the overcrowded and dangerous prisons, that would just like to have more guards to keep them from being assaulted/killed. Most qualify for welfare.
I'm sick of the teacher thing

Those boys should strike. Bet it would get fixed quick

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the audits, I like the audits!!!
It's a performance audit(not financial) like was done when many wanted a financial audit of DHS before the big class action, how'd that work out? Of course what's the use having financial audits when you can't trust who's doing them and people stealing from the public and kids don't go to jail?

'Clean' Oklahoma school audits need more transparency
http://newsok.com/article/5461537

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Audit the toll roads. They seem to constantly pave and repave OKC to Tulsa. Why?

Why is the state spending Hundreds of millions of dollars on widening I-44 from Kellyville to just north of Sapulpa? You have 6 lanes to make traffic move smoothly but then it just merges back to four lanes so your back to the original problem. Seems like a giant waste of tax payer money that could have gone to the schools.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
House Bill 1044XX, which requires the Commissioners of the Land Office (CLO) to provide every teacher with a $500 annual stipend for classroom supplies.

Teachers already get a specific $250 Educator expense tax deduction for "supplementary materials" for the classroom and some would say we already have too much unaccountable money in the system.

House Bill 1048XX, which reallocates $15 million of lottery funding for textbooks and curriculum technology.

Textbook money is already there, Hofmeister wanted it put into general funding to allow districts flexibility in how it's spent, districts need to answer for where it went.

http://newsok.com/article/5589618

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Teachers already get a specific $250 Educator expense tax deduction for "supplementary materials" for the classroom and some would say we already have too much unaccountable money in the system.
My wife spends $250 and we get to deduct that off our taxes. $250×5%=$12.50 which means we pay $237.50 out of our own pocket and get a deduction of $12.50. Not only that, but I spend between $500-1000 annually from my business as a class sponsor, as do several other businesses locally. I would guess her one school (40 classrooms) receives $25,000 direct from local business support.

Thanks for the textbook link. I didn't know that the funds were included already. That is one thing my wife was talking about, books, and how they need some new ones. Wonder how the money was spent?

Last edited:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife spends $250 and we get to deduct that off our taxes. $250×5%=$12.50 which means we pay $237.50 out of our own pocket and get a deduction of $12.50. Not only that, but I spend between $500-1000 annually from my business as a class sponsor, as do several other businesses locally. I would guess her one school (40 classrooms) receives $25,000 direct from local business support.

Thanks for the textbook link. I didn't know that the funds were included already. That is one thing my wife was talking about, books, and how they need some new ones. Wonder how the money was spent?

They make no mention of the "X5%", but they do point out that other qualifying expenses in excess of the $250 educator expense can be deducted under the regular itemized deduction subject to the 2% limit on miscellaneous itemized deductions so $250 is not the limit that can be deducted is it?
Do you and other businesses get deductions for donations to local schools?

As for the textbook money it at least seems plausible that it's where TPS gets the money to provide their 120 translators for parent teacher conferences or other programs most voters wouldn't approve earmarked funds for. Theoretically it could be where some districts get extra money for their part of special ed to cover the increase in drug babies nobody seems to want the public to know about. Of course considering the audit issues who really knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom