New Compact Pickups: Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I get that Big Man, but what if you were just a regular size fellow? You know us guys just under 6’ have to be able to reach the pedals. What about that? Which smaller truck would get your interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@druryj if I were closer to the norm height wise and in the market for a new truck I'd be looking at, in no particular order, either a Titan or Tacoma......I know a couple of fellas that have them and they couldn't be happier.

Titan.jpg

Tacoma.jpg

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't shop small trucks because of my size and I don't shop new trucks because, well many reasons, but...a friend if mine has a double cab Tacoma that is a very nice ride.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ford Ranger
Had a '94 for many years that belonged to my grandfather. He was a 6'3" farmer and a full-size truck guy all his life. He bought a Ranger after riding around in the small truck I was driving right after I got out of high school. When he passed, we brought the truck here. Ran great for a long time on that 2.3L 4cyl.

If I wasn't looking to get full-size F150 this last time I would have gone with the Ranger.
I'm a fan of the EcoBoost engine and the Ranger's 2.3L is lightyears ahead of my old motor.
Ford Ranger.
Do it.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nissan Frontier or Tacoma. I am still driving my 2005 Frontier and really like it. My son bought a 2019 Frontier crew cab and likes his also. Only wish they had the crew when I bought mine. They came out 6 mos later. lol.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were in the market for a new compact, light duty truck, mostly for just driving around town, the occasional road trip etc. what would you buy? Toyota Tacoma? Chevy Colorado? Ford Ranger? Nissan? Others not yet mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After riding in a Tacoma several times and driving a couple, I’ve been leaning toward a Honda Ridgeline with AWD. Not as off-road capable, but way more comfortable than the Taco for in-town and road use.
ad82fb7c938be2a579a4852d3d5d51b7.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd pick something ya don't need a step-ladder to get into (if they even make one anymore).

Went to several car lots last summer with a couple of nephews looking at pickups and mini-vans. With a bum knee, the only thing I could easily get into were the mini-vans. :/

Luck.
:drunk2:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you need a massive truck for towing or monster mudding, consider a Honda Ridgeline.

Very well built, excellent ride, fits in garage easily, good fuel economy, very reliable Honda reliability.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After riding in a Tacoma several times and driving a couple, I’ve been leaning toward a Honda Ridgeline with AWD. Not as off-road capable, but way more comfortable than the Taco for in-town and road use.
ad82fb7c938be2a579a4852d3d5d51b7.jpg
My neighbor has one, as does my brother in Alabama. I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the Ridgeline. The Tacomas are also quite good trucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom