New toilet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an American Standard Champion 5 I think it is. Bought it a couple years ago after kids kept stopping it up. Thing works wonderful. I saw a demo where they flushed a bucket of golf balls down it and that sold me.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just redid entire bathroom, and best local plumber said Western toilet from Lockes flushes better than American Standard and is cheaper. I agree.
This! I've put some in rentals that were having stoppage issues. Several people recommended them and if I remember right they are only like $99 -109

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 Kohler toilets, all less than a year old. I hate them and not really sure if it's Kohler or 1.2 Gal flush regulation. Another thing I found out is they don't even have the normal or standard size flushing parts inside. I am currently researching how to cheat this setup into filling the tank higher for a better flush. I have to remember to hold the handle down during the complete flush cycle to maybe get a decent flush, its aggravating.

The general consensus I found online was Toto brand being on top. I found a lot of complaints about Kohler, if I had done my research before, I would not have bought Kohler. I might eventually replace these toilets because of this problem.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll throw in for the American Standard, elongated-bowl, comfort height, dual-flush as well. The important thing is the larger exit plumbing (it should be mentioned in the "features" list). I bought two when I moved here about nine years ago, when it was called the "Eco-Flow 3" (I think). The larger output plumbing allows you to flush even the biggest "acts of Congress." I've only had one significant clog with the thing, and that was the result of a friend's son flushing God-only-knows-what, and it got stuck about twenty feet down the line (I know this because it took almost all of my twenty-five-foot snake to dislodge).

So, yeah, get the dual-flush with the biggest output pipe you can find, and you should be good to go.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second this the height makes all the difference in the world

A comfortably high seat and an elongated bowl. I’d kind of like one with a heated seat too. It’s awful chilly on the old bottom sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A comfortably high seat and an elongated bowl. I’d kind of like one with a heated seat too. It’s awful chilly on the old bottom sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I replaced both mine with the taller version one is elcongate one is not, but I don’t regret it one but

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A comfortably high seat and an elongated bowl.
Are we still in the toilet thread, or have we moved on to a different kind of pot? :bolt:

I bought one of the American Standard "flushes a bajillion golf balls" toilets a few years ago. It will do that, and then some, but it's harder to clean than the 1984 contractor special that it replaced. Something managed to adhere itself to the porcelain in the bowl, so there's a place where I have to scrub like hell to get it clean.

It took awhile to get used to the "OMG this thing is freaking tall!" seating height, and the factory seat isn't all that comfortable, but it gets the job done.

My parents bought a similar Kohler, and one of my nephews is exceptionally adept at plugging it up. Then again, that may not all be on the toilet. I'm pretty sure the people who owned it before my folks were folding cat litter. Not even kidding. One of the first things my folks had to do was have a new septic tank installed, and they found kitty litter in the old lines...

Latest posts

Top Bottom