New toilet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a Kohler Santa Rosa model. Comfort height. I really like it. Check the reviews on Lowes. Flushes well and is
a little noisy when first flushing but handles large loads easily. Doesn't use much water to flush. The seat goes down slowly
instead of slamming down. Time will tell how good it is in the long run. I have had it about a month. Was $299 but came
with $25 dollar rebate card.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have 3 toilets. Two have Kohler oval 1.6 gallon flush. Bought at Lowes. They had them listed by a rating of how well they flushed. Of course the most expensive flushed the best, but I'm not into using a plumbers helper so we spent the money and have been well pleased with their performance. I think it's been 6 years now with zero plugs.
We are on a well and septic so the low gal flush works great on both ends of the water supply. The third has not been replaced and I cringe every time 5 gallons swirls around and goes down the hole.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a retail cat herder at the Depot...…….American Standard is the best we sell. I personally have the Cadet 3 elongated, comfort height's installed at my house. If I remember correctly, they're on sale for $158 (reg $188). If I had $1000 to spend on a toilet, I'd still buy this one. As long as it doesn't collect 'elephant turds', it's a one flush operation every time @ 1.28 gallons per flush. It also comes with a slow-close lid.

Make sure you get a longer supply hose if your current toilet is standard height. Kinda hard to stretch those....

Happy flushing!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just so proud we've made it to page 3 of some literal $h!t talk, and it's some of the most polite opinion driven conversation I've seen in a bit.

10 points to each your houses.
Hey! When you get into some serious shat talk, you better be polite. Never know if it will cause the shat to hit the fan!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a retail cat herder at the Depot...…….American Standard is the best we sell. I personally have the Cadet 3 elongated, comfort height's installed at my house. If I remember correctly, they're on sale for $158 (reg $188). If I had $1000 to spend on a toilet, I'd still buy this one. As long as it doesn't collect 'elephant turds', it's a one flush operation every time @ 1.28 gallons per flush. It also comes with a slow-close lid.

Make sure you get a longer supply hose if your current toilet is standard height. Kinda hard to stretch those....

Happy flushing!!

Sold! heck of a deal, buy on-line pick up at Sheridan location tomorrow. Plumber that is going to do the work also said buy the American Standard. Was going to buy a $200.00 Kohler, this saved me some bucks and possibly a few headaches. Thanks OSA and youall have a great Christmas.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sold! heck of a deal, buy on-line pick up at Sheridan location tomorrow. Plumber that is going to do the work also said buy the American Standard. Was going to buy a $200.00 Kohler, this saved me some bucks and possibly a few headaches. Thanks OSA and youall have a great Christmas.

Its a great toilet and will give you many years of service. You shouldn't need a plumber to install it though as its a pretty easy job. Plenty of youtube videos out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom