New WMA west of Ardmore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is some really great news.. Thanks to all who replied. I know we can never have too many places to hunt and all in all I think our ODWC does a good job in that regard. I have relatives/friends in Texas and they tell me many in TX are considering giving up hunting as it is getting so expensive to hunt unless you yourself own land. I was curious and compared TX public hunting lands to Oklahoma and from what I gathered from the internet, Oklahoma actually has way more public lands to hunt than the huge state of Texas!!!! Go figure...

Kansas has more than both. Walk in areas.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010014.jpg

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can answer that.
Each unit is coded in the book to show you the most likely game you will find for that specific unit. Related to habitat type. I have found it fairly accurate for the units that actually have game.

I have not hunted Deer in Kansas, but have seen several nice bucks during Pheasant and Quail hunts. And yes many of those WIHA units do allow Deer hunting.

Link to last years WIHA booklet.
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/KDWP-In...ishing-Maps-by-County/2009-Fall-Hunting-Atlas

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yes, it would just tickle me to death if Oklahoma would create a WIHA program like Kansas. The Kansas WIHA hunts have been outstanding for me. One of last seasons pictures. Even got some of some bonus green headed ditch chickens on this particular WIHA unit.

awww.fototime.com_0BB2F1A8821F74F_standard.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom