New WMA west of Ardmore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe11young

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I just got off the phone with Tony at the OK Wildlife Dept. He said that he didn't know a whole lot about the new area. The name of the WMA will be Cross Timbers. He thinks its about 7,000 acres and its located about 30 miles west of Marrietta, OK. He said that he didn't know for sure if it will be open for the upcoming hunting season. Tony suggested that for more info I call Bob Mullinax who is the game warden for that area.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I just got off the phone with Tony at the OK Wildlife Dept. He said that he didn't know a whole lot about the new area. The name of the WMA will be Cross Timbers. He thinks its about 7,000 acres and its located about 30 miles west of Marrietta, OK. He said that he didn't know for sure if it will be open for the upcoming hunting season. Tony suggested that for more info I call Bob Mullinax who is the game warden for that area.

Solid info. What did Bob Mullinax have to say?

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you sir for the intel.
West of Marietta is even better news for me. I currently do a lot of my public hunting just east of Marietta. And 7000 acres; that's a big footprint. Can't wait to scout it.

TEXAN_OKIE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to hunt down by rubottom. that should be in the area this wma will be and let me tell you there are alot of hogs and some big one too. i was hunting a fence line and thought i saw a calf walking down it untill it turned into the woods and i noticed it was about a 400 to 500 lb hog that thing was huge.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is some really great news.. Thanks to all who replied. I know we can never have too many places to hunt and all in all I think our ODWC does a good job in that regard. I have relatives/friends in Texas and they tell me many in TX are considering giving up hunting as it is getting so expensive to hunt unless you yourself own land. I was curious and compared TX public hunting lands to Oklahoma and from what I gathered from the internet, Oklahoma actually has way more public lands to hunt than the huge state of Texas!!!! Go figure...

Latest posts

Top Bottom