Night owls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not gonna lie -- I've bought:

Cooling pillows;
Cooling sheets;
Cooling blanket; and
The heat has been out the past 2 days.

I've slept better the last 2 nights than I have since I had my accident. Still waking up several times a night but not as many because I guess the hot flashes are minimized or something. All I need now is a cooling mattress!! 🤗🤗🤗 Man, technology is grand!
I think the original cooling mattress was waterbed with no heater.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the original cooling mattress was waterbed with no heater.
I LOVED my waterbed!! I was SO sad when I came home and my boyfriend at the time surprised me with a brand new king-sized traditional bed. I want to believe he thought he was doing something nice for me. Truth is he hated my waterbed. 🙄

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have pneumonia again and the quacks gave doxycycline prednisone and some codine cough syrup so I've been able to sleep for 2 nights in a row and mostly thru yesterday..........gonna try to sleep thru today also.......getting old is a *****

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have pneumonia again and the quacks gave doxycycline prednisone and some codine cough syrup so I've been able to sleep for 2 nights in a row and mostly thru yesterday..........gonna try to sleep thru today also.......getting old is a *****

Oh man ... THAT sucks. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the late '70' I was stationed at Ft. Steward, GA when I got back from Vietnam (put those returning vets in the boonies away from civilians because everyone knows they all be psycho).
I was assigned to brand new set of quarters on Post so one of the first things my wife and I did was to take a drive up to Savannah to get a waterbed. Got the bed but we had to put the bed frame on order, so when we got back to Post we set the bed directly on that Oak parquet floor.

Well, that waterbed mattress, without the frame, just kept stretching-out more and more across that nice wood floor until about 1:30 in the morning when we were both sound asleep . . . the seam split down the side dumping 200 gallons of water out. Spent the rest of the night sweeping and mopping all that water up and trying to dry that new floor. Didn't do no good because those individual Oak parquet floor tiles still ended warping up to look like a layer of cracked Pringle potato chips.

Waterbeds may have been the thing back then . . . but no longer for me.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While ours doesn't have the cooling pad feature, we have been sleeping on Select Comfort mattresses since around 2003 or so. Our first in a regular home was an "extended queen" bed. I don't recommend anything like that again because Select Comfort is the only ones making sheets for that size.

When we ordered our luxury fifth wheel for our home, we ordered the "premier" Select Comfort RV mattress. While it has been good for us, we now have a new mattress from Select Comfort in the RV. The new one is entitled an i8 (letter I).

We stopped by Select Comfort because the wife wanted to check out SC's cooling sheets. While there, she also asked about pillows. When the salesman showed her one and had her lie down on the i8 mattress, she took a liking to that item as well, so now we have new sheets, pillows, and mattress. They had a "friends and family" offer that got the mattress for us at about 1/2 price.

I've told folks for years that the Select Comfort mattresses are great. The wife sets hers at about 35 to 45 on the scale, and I set mine at 100, and we can BOTH rave about how comfortable the mattress is. I just wish hotels equipped their rooms with Select Comfort mattresses. When we are doing our Summer job, one of the two of us ends up being disappointed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom