Noob has Reloading Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Where are some good places to buy brass. Unfortunately one of the cases I need is 6.5 prc

2. Any reason I should not start with a simple single stage press?

THanks!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
1. Not sure on that caliber

2. No reason at all. My buddy started on a simple single stage Lee and got very accurate loads. I started on a Frankford Arsenal M-Press and also get very accurate loads. I wouldn’t use anything but a single stage for rifle unless I want to get a lot more rounds knocked out.. then I’d set up on a turret.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For #1 all I can suggest is registering in websites like Midsouth or Midway and have them alert you when they are in stock and for #2 the answer is nope! I’ve been using a single stage RCBS for 35+ years without issue. But then I’m not a huge ammo consumer and if Three Gun is your thing you can burn through a LOT of ammo and I’d consider an upgrade.

ShaneP

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet for 6.5 PRC you'll have to buy new brass. I doubt you'll find much once used. I'm guessing anyone shooting that caliber is gonna load for it.

I load all of my rifle ammo on a single stage press. Not that it's anything special, but I bet for your prc application a single stage will be just fine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a progressive and single stage. You can use the progressive as a single stage by only putting one die into it. What's convenient is that the round ejects itself into a tub at the end of the cycles.
Use my single stage now to pull bullets from rejects and so on.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don’t find once fired starline makes good stuff. And a single stage would be just fine. I hope to someday own a rock chucker myself to do some precision stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom