Now That OC Has Been Legal For A While

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In our forum, there's the occasional OCer who reports someone being asked to leave a restaurant, but most of the time when we contact the owner after the fact, it turns out to be an employee who made up policy on their own. In one case, we actually had several OCers meet there and spend money to thank the owner for straightening everything out. One place liked what we had to say so much, they put a policy in place to allow lawful carry at all of their locations in OK, TX, and CO. We're having our monthly OC get together at their location near Quail Springs.

Mostly what I've seen is that shady looking people get nervous around me and leave. Regular people mostly don't even notice.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent heard a word. Have seen a few OCing but didnt really even give em a second look. Myself I just like being able to CC and be more relaxed when out and about without worrying about printing so much any more.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm yet to see anyone open carry, either. I'm also yet to hear of any OC issues.

I've OC'd once and that was inside Heartland. Other than that, if I know I'm going some place with no gun buster signs, I'll wear my OWB holster, but it's still covered by my shirt or jacket.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good reports. Just wondering what happened to all the hand-wringing pant-wetters who claimed the law was going to usher in all kinds of mayhem. Yawn.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I inadvertently OC'ed last week at Jersey Mikes in Yukon. I was with my son and stood up to throw something away and a gentleman in line looked at me on my way back and did the "your gun is showing" motion and I then covered it back up with my vest. I like the Filson vests, but the short ones are just a little below the belt line and I need to periodically check. I thanked him and said I was glad that i wasn't breaking any laws for that now.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've OC'd a half-dozen times. No worries.

I've only seen one other OCer. Saw him at Reasors in BA. Nobody seemed to care, which is great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom