Now That OC Has Been Legal For A While

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah hell, you kidding? Didn't you read all the predictions about open carry?

They came true! Hell, I've gotten in 4 gunfights since last Thursday! Open carry is awesome! And since now it's legal to openly carry around a rocket launcher, I can defend myself against incoming alien ships.

Oh wait, yeah... life went on as normal. Didn't see that coming...

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah hell, you kidding? Didn't you read all the predictions about open carry?

I read 'em.

The only one that has come true is that more places are posted.

To hell with 'em. I don't do business with 2nd Amendment BIGOTS!

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pumped gas today at C&G. went to radio shack with the boy , recieved excellant service purchased a couple items. went to movie house purchased tickets for "Oz" later matinee , mostly to see if it was posted and to give them opportunity to protest under less crowded circumstances . went to sonic had the spicy popcorn chicken with spicy berry sauce . good stuff!! especially the sauce raspberry strawberry japaleno mix . went back to movie house went through line as we wanted popcorn and pop , girl saw us from counter and cheerfully said we could go in, as she remembered us . explained or need for treats then proceeded to the show . it's not dissapointing , and pays homage rightly . father and daughters followed us in , i sensed his discomfort but he was pleasant .
end of show relief washing up with boy , sheriff walks in and does double take saw his before he saw mine . lol went to walmart looked at empty ammo/gun case . picked up some polarized and magnified fishing glasses (dang old eyes) thought they would be handy working on stuff outside . as we walked out following skullcap wearing dude and dyed blond hair punk rocker dude and goth girl , i dont know if they stared at me when we went past lol
all in all just nice evening out with the familiy (wife met up with us at movie house ). anyway see yall at knotty pine bbq on 30th, ok bryan? i plan to call the number to rsvp also join up there .
stay safe
elance

Last edited:

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only visibly open carried once and that was at walmart. I was in dress slacks and a dress shirt and had a grey P3AT IWB in my belt. I doubt anyone even noticed. When I'm dressed for work I'm probably the last person people would suspect to be carrying anyway. I'm going to start doing it more often, though, since a clean cut guy in dress clothes carrying will help diffuse the whole redneck image that most people have of gun carriers.

nimrod

Marksman
Reaction score
I have seen 3 people OCing. the first was an older man who came to meet me about buying something from me off of craigslist. Perfect example of when you need a permit.

The other 2 were, well, say we say assholes of the highest order. One was carrying a Kimber Pro Platinum (or something like that) and said he only open carries to piss off people who dont like guns. And he went around my friends shop, and he had never met us, without a thought about it. Yes, at any time I could have cracked him with the cresent wrench in my hand in the back of the head and took that pistol. I told him he should be more aware of his surroundings and who he turns his back to when carrying that nice of a pistol. Ive been around him a couple of times since, hes quite the douche.

the other was at my Doctors office. he was open carrying, and by carrying I mean he didnt have a holster, just carried it in his hand. when he sat down next to me, he tucked it under his leg, pointed at me. I told him to point it the other way so if it went off, it wouldnt him me or the other people in there. He seemed a little disgusted, but he did it.

Im not against open carry, but not quite all for it either. And, I realize not everyone is like the last 2 aholes, but as has been said before, there are idiots everywhere. I even talked to the first guy about it, and told him that I didnt mind at all he brought a gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom