Now you all will know my real name

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time. Not be a douche, but its "than", not "then". Found that ironic.
The title was not of my choosing, as Romney hurting the GOP was not the point of my column, oh well.
Again, thanks for reading.

Just ignore his bitterness. He'll be in a better mood the day after his monthly lay.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You wrote:

We should be voting for a candidate who is aligned with our own principles and who is principled himself. We should vote for a candidate whose priority is this country and its people. The elected candidate should be a projection of the values and policies followed and held dear by the majority of Americans.

Although this sounds great, it should not be the basis by which a vote is cast for anyone seeking federal office. The criteria should be to vote for those who will obey the Constitution and nothing more. Our opinions don't matter when weighed against the words of the Constitution until such a time that we amend the Constitution to reflect those opinions.

It is because the people do not vote for those who will obey the Constitution that the Constitution is nothing more than a worthless collection of words on paper. Most will vote for the most "electable" future master or the candidate who can beat the current jackass-in-chief. Principles in Amerika? Very little principle when most will vote without ever asking whether their choice will defend the Constitution and the philosophy of those men who fought for freedom against a tyrannical government that continually infringed upon their natural rights.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wrote:

Although this sounds great, it should not be the basis by which a vote is cast for anyone seeking federal office. The criteria should be to vote for those who will obey the Constitution and nothing more. Our opinions don't matter when weighed against the words of the Constitution until such a time that we amend the Constitution to reflect those opinions.

It is because the people do not vote for those who will obey the Constitution that the Constitution is nothing more than a worthless collection of words on paper. Most will vote for the most "electable" future master or the candidate who can beat the current jackass-in-chief. Principles in Amerika? Very little principle when most will vote without ever asking whether their choice will defend the Constitution and the philosophy of those men who fought for freedom against a tyrannical government that continually infringed upon their natural rights.

if the general populace gave a crap about the constitution, the field would narrow quickly to your criteria.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks dutchwrangler. I have not yet purged the faux patriotism of the GOP party from my blood. The Constitution should be the primary concern of the voters. Selection of candidates should be based the voters' principles and therefore the candidates would be elected based upon the voter's knowledge of the Constitution .But since no one is educated in the laws of our country anymore, campaigns turn into popularity contests and Facebook elections. I should have made myself clearer in my article. Need to exercise my libertarian muscles.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was a good article. I would have liked to see who you were endorsing and why as a supporting argument.
That was the point of the article. I was writing to open up their minds, not close it to whoever I want. Besides, I only had limited space. Personally I will support Ron Paul in the primary and the GOP candidate in the general. Obama is the greater evil.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All in all, I thought it was well written. At least from my perspective, I got out of the article your point being to not listen to media pundits who will tell us "The fat lady is warming up to sing" and anoint Romney as the GOP standard bearer. If past history in the nomination process is any indication this may very well be the case, unfortunately.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When it's all said and done voting means nothing as it does absolutely zip to restrain .gov's theft and infringement upon your freedom. You may be able to choose your masters, but you can't choose freedom. Since voting does nothing to change the status quo, then practice the alternative... don't vote. Don't give sanction to a corrupt system that promises you one thing and simply takes everything from you. Doing the same thing over and over with the expectation that the outcome will be any different is nuts. Those who vote thinking it will change for the better are insane. If you want off the plantation stop participating. Live life and let evil do what it's going to do regardless of your sanction.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a theme to dutchwrangler's avatars.
(.) (.)
Anyway, I refuse to give up and resign myself to what my fellow idiots..um I mean Americans choose for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom