Nylon Reinforced (or double-layer) Belts in 1.5" for EDC... What are my options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those wilderness and cobra belts are really cool. Kind of pricey for a cheapskate like me. I want to get a good belt and glock mag holder for November oc. I think I'm gonna get the uncle mike instructor belt, and a glock mag holder all for 35$ plus shipping from optics world. I already got a couple of uncle mike holsters, inexpensive and completely functional holsters.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with you on the wilderness belt. Its a better belt and not that much more expensive than uncle mike belt. I also love the V connector on the cobra. I am going to do a little thinking before I buy a belt. Thanks for the suggestion.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
QUESTION FOR THE ARES RANGER BELT OWNERS

Would it be a good belt for daily use? Ive gotten sick of cheaper leather belts and was wanting something a lot more HD to help hold my pants up. My biggest problem is that I keep a ton of stuff in my pockets at work and use my pockets to hold lnemans pliers dikes and screw drivers on a daily basis. The weight is really hard on the belt

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Would it be a good belt for daily use? Ive gotten sick of cheaper leather belts and was wanting something a lot more HD to help hold my pants up. My biggest problem is that I keep a ton of stuff in my pockets at work and use my pockets to hold lnemans pliers dikes and screw drivers on a daily basis. The weight is really hard on the belt

If you want leather (that actually holds up), then get a Looper Leather belt with their Kydex core inside two layers of high-quality leather. It will hold up to most duty rigs, any holster, and a ton of crap in your pockets.

I've got one, but for non-leather stuff, any nylon belt with a similarly reinforced core should work.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes.

Like I said before, the Ares is quite a bit more stiff than the Original SOE belt I have, plus it is infinitely adjustable easily via the Cobra buckle, unlike leather belts that only have ~inch adjustments

it really is a great belt, I'm really liking it.

this shows how rigid it is pretty well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMdqaZa6afo&feature=player_detailpage#t=281s

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes.

Like I said before, the Ares is quite a bit more stiff than the Original SOE belt I have, plus it is infinitely adjustable easily via the Cobra buckle, unlike leather belts that only have ~inch adjustments

it really is a great belt, I'm really liking it.

this shows how rigid it is pretty well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMdqaZa6afo&feature=player_detailpage#t=281s

That's a pretty cool video and starting to make me think the Ranger might be worth the extra dough over the Wilderness Frequent Flyer. Hmmmm got some thinking to do before pulling the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom