Obama announces EO plans for the immediate future

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the licensure requirement. But it is important to note that even a few transactions, when combined with other evidence, can be sufficient to establish that a person is “engaged in the business.” For example, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors also were present."

May as well close down the classifieds section...

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"They are following the strategy enunciated by HCI founder and President Nelson Pete Shields, who explained in 1976: The first problem is to slow down the number of handguns being produced and sold in this country. The second problem is to get handguns registered. The final problem is to make possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition–except for the military, police, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors–totally illegal."

Dave Kopel

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a stretch...

I agree... they mentioned the one or two guns thing IN CONJUNCTION with other circumstances.

I'm not worried myself. Obama is all but a lame duck. He knows now he isn't going to get what he wanted. We just better hope we don't end up with Hillary. Although she's so nutbag, I don't think any of her gun control ideas are gonna fly.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the definition of someone "who's in the business" just got expanded (stretched) yes? Next you will have to do background checks to buy ammo and FFL to sell it. They just have to incrementally stretch the noose a little at a time to eventually get what they want.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the definition of someone "who's in the business" just got expanded (stretched) yes? Next you will have to do background checks to buy ammo and FFL to sell it. They just have to incrementally stretch the noose a little at a time to eventually get what they want.

Already in existence. When my son lived in Illinois he had to have an issued buy the state permit in order to buy a box of .22 shells. We were in Walmart with him. I wanted to buy some 22 ammo. Unbeknownst to me the guy asks for my ammo purchase permit and I laughed thinking he was kidding. NOT. My son had one so he got it out and bought the ammo himself, followed by handing it over to me in the car!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the definition of someone "who's in the business" just got expanded (stretched) yes?

No, it really didn't. They just reiterated the already present standard that the number of guns sold is not the sole determining factor for defining "in the business". Note that people who sold only one or two guns have already been prosecuted based on other factors.

This aspect of his EO is tough talking eyewash that does/directs nothing new....except maybe allowing for more funds or agents to conduct investigation of unlicensed dealers. It creates no new definition nor does it expand it.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already in existence. When my son lived in Illinois he had to have an issued buy the state permit in order to buy a box of .22 shells. We were in Walmart with him. I wanted to buy some 22 ammo. Unbeknownst to me the guy asks for my ammo purchase permit and I laughed thinking he was kidding. NOT. My son had one so he got it out and bought the ammo himself, followed by handing it over to me in the car!!

Yes, but that is state level and a few states have this already. I'm speaking to Federal (universal) level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom