Obama says he won't be bound by gun control ban in omnibus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i46.photobucket.com_albums_f104_OKC03Cobra_PAULTARD2.jpg

I like this! :D

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on J.B. your smart enough to not make the oversimplified argument that not supporting RP equals support for the status quo. I'm simply not comfortable with some of the crowd he has around him. Until I see a clear denunciation of some of those groups he won't get my support.

He pulls no punches when it comes to reforming government, why is he so vague on the stormfront issue?

I'm not saying RP is the answer, I'm saying that EVERY OTHER Republican candidate IS NOT the answer! The Republican party is solely responsible for sending us a field of complete turds! :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying RP is the answer, I'm saying that EVERY OTHER Republican candidate IS NOT the answer! The Republican party is solely responsible for sending us a field of complete turds! :(

I agree....that's why none of them, not even RP, have earned my support yet. I am just stunned that this is the best we could come up with.

My best hope at this point is a complete takeover of the House and Senate, with a strong fiscal conservative edge.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree....that's why none of them, not even RP, have earned my support yet. I am just stunned that this is the best we could come up with.

My best hope at this point is a complete takeover of the House and Senate, with a strong fiscal conservative edge.

I LOL'd.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy did we hijack the thread. What about Presidential signing statements?

I for one think they, or more specifically any action taken as a result of them, are unconstitutional.

To me it's very clear, when the President is presented with a piece of legislation he has three choices: Sign it, decline to sign it, or veto it. Anything else is a farse...but then again our whole system seems to have devolved into a farce.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy did we hijack the thread. What about Presidential signing statements?

I for one think they, or more specifically any action taken as a result of them, are unconstitutional.

To me it's very clear, when the President is presented with a piece of legislation he has three choices: Sign it, decline to sign it, or veto it. Anything else is a farse...but then again our whole system seems to have devolved into a farce.

SMS - I agree with you about the President's choices but think your implication that there was once a time when American politics was "pure" is just plain wrong. It has from very early on been a see-saw of pushing and tugging at the edges of what's permissibile. The Constitution is very clear on some things, less so on others, and people are totally unclear and inconsistent on everything. Heck, Thomas Jefferson authorized the Louisiana Purchase, an action that he himself felt might well be beyond his constitutional authority, John Adams tried to silence dissent through the Sedition Act, Andrew Jackson ignored a clear Supremem Court ordet to honor Indian Treaty rights, and etc. Some of these we accept easily now - others are still debatable.
My point is stop the despairing noises and accept that every day is a struggle of reason and ideas to maintain Constitutional balance - and start enjoying the struggle itself.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't imply that American politics were ever pure....but that the system was much closer to resembling a constitutional representative republic...with some variances as you described. Today, subverting, ignoring, and marginalizing the Constitution is the norm, not an anomoly.

And I will not be told by you or anyone to stop pointing that out. Calling a spade a spade is part of turning it around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom