Obama "warns" unelected SCOTUS about overturning ACA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a Hoot! if we found out years from now that Justice Kennedy had decided to vote in favor Obama Care.. but when the Prez made this silly comment about the Court.. that Kennedy changed his vote to No.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Supreme Court Justices are unelected so they had better do what he and Congress say. This from a Harvard educated, constitutional law expert. Now that is humorous.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Supreme Court Justices are unelected so they had better do what he and Congress say. This from a Harvard educated, constitutional law expert. Now that is humorous.
Hilarious to us, sad if you put it in perspective that some people that "know the law" are this stupid about a simple system called checks and balances. They didn't make three separate branches so two could vote one way and the third back it up...

I was kidding about the "free" healthcare. That's just what everyone that was for it was chanting.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy's, it really is funny though isn't it? It goes back to Marbury vs. Madison when the court ruled on the power of the court to rule.

Last edited:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Ultimately, I am confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress …"

Strong majority?

It was 60-39 in the Senate and 219-212 in the House. That doesn't seem like too strong a majority.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.*
"I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress," Obama said.*…

I'm not at all surprised that he thinks this way. I'm utterly appalled that he showed his ass in front of two visiting dignitaries by speaking it aloud. What part of "separate but equal" doesn't he understand?

I realize this is just election year posturing and him trying to save his "legacy", but it makes him look stupid and childish. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom