Oh freaking joy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does that cost per square foot installed? I might have work for ya.

Not sure on materials. I think it comes in all different price ranges. The real benefit is the easy cutting. That house was a little difficult because the living room, dining room, hallway and closets are continuous so it took a little planning to make sure everything laid in properly.

We could do Ricks living room in a few hours with transition trips installed and maybe quarter round also.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly can't tell what installation cost, but we did our whole house last year in a laminated Bamboo that is pretty decent flooring... it just happened to go on sale at Lumber Liquidators right before we were ready to buy for a little under $2.50 per square foot. We looked at some for as much as $6 per square foot, but you don't have to spend that. Everyone kept saying installation is about equal to the cost of material, so I'd have to guess somewhere around $3 more for installation?

So maybe as low as $5 or so per sq. ft. installed, but hopefully you're about to get a much better estimate from someone.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly can't tell what installation cost, but we did our whole house last year in a laminated Bamboo that is pretty decent flooring... it just happened to go on sale at Lumber Liquidators right before we were ready to buy for a little under $2.50 per square foot. We looked at some for as much as $6 per square foot, but you don't have to spend that. Everyone kept saying installation is about equal to the cost of material, so I'd have to guess somewhere around $3 more for installation?

So maybe as low as $5 or so per sq. ft. installed, but hopefully you're about to get a much better estimate from someone.

This has been my experience. If you’re looking for the best price, hiring the contractors that the flooring companies use for their “installed” price is best. It could be anyone that shows up though. All the contractors aren’t equal.

Never mind. Reread your post.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been my experience. If you’re looking for the best price, hiring the contractors that the flooring companies use for their “installed” price is best. It could be anyone that shows up though. All the contractors aren’t equal.

Never mind. Reread your post.
I'm talking about hiring you lol

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking from a slipping and falling / safety standpoint.

I don't know the cost per gallon or how much would be needed or the process involved but if new carpet or wood flooring isn't economically feasible at this time how about painting the floor with non skid paint ?......large throw / area rugs would be another option but I have no idea of what they cost.

Another thought, if the floor / concrete slab is left bare is it going to make any measurable difference on heating bills ?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking from a slipping and falling / safety standpoint.

I don't know the cost per gallon or how much would be needed or the process involved but if new carpet or wood flooring isn't economically feasible at this time how about painting the floor with non skid paint ?...

I was one of the guys out there today.

I don't think the floor is a slip hazard. The concrete isn't finished that slick.

I think the cost of staining that floor would be at least equal to the cost of laying some sort of flooring.

By the time the floor is ground smooth and true, the holes around the edges (from the carpet nailer strips) filled, and whatever else needs to be done, it may be cheaper to lay vinyl strip flooring.

For relatively little money, scraping and painting may be something to think about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom