Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what they fail to realize is that 98% of the "masks" being worn by people are totally ineffective.
I saw a clip & it was confirmed by a doctor that these cloth masks (non N95) are totally useless to prevent the spread of a virus. I don't remember the numbers, but the size of the virus (in microns) versus the filtration capabilities of these mask (in microns) is like trying to use chicken wire to keep out mosquitoes. It's not going to work.
I won't be going into any big cities, plus I don't even have a mask & won't be wearing one.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what they fail to realize is that 98% of the "masks" being worn by people are totally ineffective.
I saw a clip & it was confirmed by a doctor that these cloth masks (non N95) are totally useless to prevent the spread of a virus. I don't remember the numbers, but the size of the virus (in microns) versus the filtration capabilities of these mask (in microns) is like trying to use chicken wire to keep out mosquitoes. It's not going to work.
I won't be going into any big cities, plus I don't even have a mask & won't be wearing one.

As was explained to me and everyone else the masks are to reduce the sputum/expectorant that you produce, not to protect you. It's your own personal salad bar splash shield.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What happened to all the folks that complained about businesses that used to have the signs that read "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON"? I guess that's okay again?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those masks with an exhaust valve aren’t filtering a damn thing on exhale. This whole thing has more to do with submission than health. Protesting with thousands = good but fishing with my family or swimming = bad? Kinda feels like the whole damn world is being initiated into some freaky mask wearing cult.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happened to all the folks that complained about businesses that used to have the signs that read "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON"? I guess that's okay again?

It was always ok. Only the SJWs wanted to remove property rights from businesses.

What comes around....

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an interesting conversation. We had it back in April when the worthless Lawton elected officials toyed with the mask mandate idea. People were torn between wearing a mask to have everything reopened and having personal responsibility and liberty without anything being opened. It was a very heated topic of discussion as Lawton is full of locally owned small businesses. The overwhelming majority did not want to have to wear a mask, me included... but on the other hand, everybody also had at least one friend unable to either make a living or get help. Ultimately, that same majority chose the mask over the alternative before Stitt reopened everything and rolled the topic over moot. Seeing what Norman has done, it reopens the conversation as other cities will follow suit. OKC and Yukon were having this talk last week, but stopped short of an all-in mandate.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a meeting tonight, 6pm July 8th at 2800 36th Ave NW Norman, OK 73072 and it'll have the NPD and others gathering signatures for Mayor and Council recall....

The council of Norman held a Zoom call last night from 7pm-10pm and all the Wards council folk voted. I was told the newly council members didn't have a vote because they weren't sworn in yet. They were sworn in after the vote.........
So, these leaders passed the mandatory masks wear while most people were at home with their families doing family things.
There is a petition coming around to have a certain number of signatures for a "removal" sort of speak for these leaders including the mayor.
While i don't agree with mandate of mask wear nor do I agree with cutting Norman Police Department funds, I do however agree with not shopping, or going out/to Norman to purchase things.... This is sad to say but it is what it is and people can vote with their $.
Just my thoughts and I am sure there are like minded folks out there.
If you are in Norman, you might want to show up.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And David Holt posted on Twitter that folks should call 911 if a business isn't requiring staff to wear masks . . . I'm sure all the Karens are rejoicing. Now is their time to shine.

Holt doesn’t need a mask. His head is shoved too far up his ass for Covid to reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't give a dang if a local government want's to enact a mask ordinance. The people of that locality can take appropriate action at the local level if they are unhappy.

What sticks in my craw is the sanctimonious nature of Norman's mayor....shes out there acting like she's the only one who "cares about her people" and asking "who's next?" as if everyone needs to follow her lead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom