Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Major University city. End Of Discussion
It's actually worse than this appears.

The OU Board of Regents changed their bylaws that had been in place probably since inception. In the past if a admin or faculty member wanted to publicly support or run for a partisan office they had to resign. Somewhat recently that went away. We can see what's happening here. OU is going to become the city government...

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, actually.

And it doubles down on stupid when discriminating between men and women.

really? they can't make you wear pants in public? Or maybe more precisely, punish you for not wearing them?

I thought the recent decision about tops was more that you can't single out women, not that they can't force you to wear stuff.

But to his point, doesn't OSHA require certain types of clothing for safety measures for different types of jobs? Doesn't the health dept require hair nets and beard nets when working with food?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Major University city. End Of Discussion

i know our university is working the town aldermen to keep our mask ordinance in place. And the town is working the university to reopen in person. Simply put, the town needs the students to return and, to some degree, for there to be a football season. Without those, the town will suffer.

For the university, it needs parents and students to feel safe to return for in-person instruction. And, it needs to make it to a certain date to justify keeping tuition money, so starting with the lowest positive case load possible will help.

I've heard it from both the mayor and faculty on the reopening committee.

So yeah, the university aspect of it is probably big for the city, especially as it relates to the financial implications for both groups.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But to his point, doesn't OSHA require certain types of clothing for safety measures for different types of jobs? Doesn't the health dept require hair nets and beard nets when working with food?
Apples n oranges. If you dont want to wear proper safety equipment, you have the right to work elsewhere.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I saw a single, solitary person wearing their mask properly -- or NOT fidgeting with it after touching every single solitary unsanitary surface around them -- I MIGHT be more inclined to not be a ***** about all this. Now work has decided that I have to wear a face shield (made out of a plastic sheet protector offices use in binders lol) or I will not be allowed to work. I have not worn a mask through this entire adventure. I have co-workers whom I don't recall what their chins look like it's been so long since I've seen them. Have I called off sick?? Not for anything other than my usual ******* ****ing headaches. Have they called off? Oh yeah ... A couple of them have even tested positive for COVID -- allegedly.

I'm tempted to go to the Asian market and get me one of those hats they have with the plastic shield attached. And wear it to work in my silk PJs. Lol

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When is Norman going to go dry and ban the sale of booze? ...since booze kills more people than the COVID. Oh and the should ban Big Gulps too because sugar kills.

I mean if we’re talking about common sense measures to save lives..
Those items bring in money and lots of it so that is not a city health concern lol

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apples n oranges. If you dont want to wear proper safety equipment, you have the right to work elsewhere.

if you don't want to wear a mask in town, don't you have the right to go to a town that allows you to shop without it?

Where are you guaranteed the right to shop at a regulated business in exactly the manner you choose?

Point is, people are making a thing of the mask requirements when they are already complying with other requirements.

"people must get a new plate when making a second trip through the buffet"

edited to add: some of these mask ordinances have been in place for a while during covid. Have any been struck down as illegal or otherwise challenged? I know our town went about it by requiring businesses to enforce it, but i didn't know if some of the more restrictive ones (places that required them out in public) had any legal challenge. Anyone?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom