Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2563.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can bet on one thing. That is that my fat butt will only venture into Norman city limits if I really need to. The tin pot dictators can have it. Same for OKC. I’m about ready to pitch a tent on my mountain in SE OK where there ain’t nothing but nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't give a dang if a local government want's to enact a mask ordinance. The people of that locality can take appropriate action at the local level if they are unhappy.

What sticks in my craw is the sanctimonious nature of Norman's mayor....shes out there acting like she's the only one who "cares about her people" and asking "who's next?" as if everyone needs to follow her lead.

Meeting at 6pm 2800 36th Ave NW 73072 to discuss actions for a recall of leadership with the assigned ward's and the mayor

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't seen it in the daily paper or on the tv yet but judging from this thread it sounds like Norman passed the wear a mask deal last night.......I had a gut feeling that they would.

I could be mistaken but I think I saw that Edmond and Stillwater were going to vote on masks last night also......anybody heard how their vote turned out ?

Edmond took no action. Here’s the link to the session. Two people spoke in support of masks. MANY others spoke up against and did really well speaking up with facts.

Some pretty good and witty retorts by the community in response to statements made by the council during the session.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't give a dang if a local government want's to enact a mask ordinance. The people of that locality can take appropriate action at the local level if they are unhappy.

What sticks in my craw is the sanctimonious nature of Norman's mayor....shes out there acting like she's the only one who "cares about her people" and asking "who's next?" as if everyone needs to follow her lead.

Only the "bad cops" will enforce this, correct?

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what they fail to realize is that 98% of the "masks" being worn by people are totally ineffective.
I saw a clip & it was confirmed by a doctor that these cloth masks (non N95) are totally useless to prevent the spread of a virus. I don't remember the numbers, but the size of the virus (in microns) versus the filtration capabilities of these mask (in microns) is like trying to use chicken wire to keep out mosquitoes. It's not going to work.
I won't be going into any big cities, plus I don't even have a mask & won't be wearing one.
Based on that logic N95 masks don't work either.
COVID 19 virus particle size is 0.125 microns, the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns.
The N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any, virus particles.

But that's not how it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom