OHP at road construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you see it a lot. OHP hanging out at road construction. Can anyone explain why this isn't a huge waste of resources? I travel I-40 a lot over the Canadian River bridge. Nine out of 10 times I drive by, there's one hanging out. Ninety percent of that time, he has his head buried in his phone.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If i remember correctly it is one of their days off and get paid so much to sit there. Their presence alone generally slows people down.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully the guys that are there are off duty being paid for by the contractor.

Or they are on duty being paid for by the contractor...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if they are off duty and being hired by the contractor to sit there with lights flashing to slow some of the fast drivers down going through the construction zones?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They aren't there for fun. They're in place to influence idiots to slow down and maybe save a life or two of the construction workers that get killed by reckless drivers all too often.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if they are off duty and being hired by the contractor to sit there with lights flashing to slow some of the fast drivers down going through the construction zones?

You see this a lot on the east & west coast. It's a cost that is built into the contracts. In northern British Columbia & the Yukon they usually have an employee with the flagging company that does this. I've even seem them chase down speeders in construction zones, block the road with heavy equipment and then everyone has to sit there for hours until the RCMP shows up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom