OHP at road construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't there for fun. They're in place to influence idiots to slow down and maybe save a life or two of the construction workers that get killed by reckless drivers all too often.

I was driving a Freightliner with a 53' box North, on U.S. 23, in Michigan. Single lane due to construction, when one of the construction worker jackholes steps backward right in front of me. I stomped the brake so hard, I stalled the truck, even though my left foot was coming down on the clutch at the same time (or a nanosecond later). That sonuvabitch didn't even have the courtesy to wave an apology. Since then, I can't help but wonder if a few more of them got clipped, maybe they'd do a little watching out themselves. Just wonder, I'm sane (barely).

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They definitely get people to hit the brakes and slow down. Problem here is, the workers are on an entirely different bridge. I don't even think the Duke boys could hit a worker in that construction zone. I-40 between El Reno and Weatherford is a mess now. Besides the Canadian bridge, this week they've created 2 or 3 more one laners for bridge repairs.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So if they're off duty while sitting there, and you go blowing through 20mph over the speed limit, are they then "on duty"?

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are doing DOT Construction OT work. They are "ON" Duty and being paid by DOT to slow people down in these areas, and hand out reminders to people that refuse to slow down. They work on their days off, and are paid by DOT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom