OK Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just talked to my son. he was in anthony kansas chasing pheasants. they started into a draw and there was all kinds of commotion. a hot doe was being trailed by at least 4 bucks. he said three were shooters. two came within bow range and just looked at them and then kept after the doe.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The woods seemed to come alive this morning in the South Central portion of the State. Hadn't been seeing anything but the stray doe here and there and the stray small buck for two weeks. This morning started out with another small buck chasing a doe, several does running around and then the shooter came in.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 202

Okhunt!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
THE RUT IS ON AT 1 OF MY PLACES!!!!! This fella has been cruising through a couple of times a day. Took my wife out to hunt him but we got in the stand around 3 which was an hour too late. :cry11:
She is gonna try it again by herself today. Tons of other bucks coming through this funnel also. Should be a good day for her.
WGI_0128.JPG

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking the deer are in lock down for me. Had a doe chased about 100 yards from my stand at 445 yesterday. That was all I saw from 1230-dark and nothing today sitting from 130 to dark. Makes it hard to keep putting in the hours. Camera showed chasing last week.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking the deer are in lock down for me. Had a doe chased about 100 yards from my stand at 445 yesterday. That was all I saw from 1230-dark and nothing today sitting from 130 to dark. Makes it hard to keep putting in the hours. Camera showed chasing last week.
I don't think I'm far from you and saw a nice buck dogging a doe today on the public. But my camera showed a mature buck following a doe with mouth open and tongue out 11/2. Unfortunately I didn't get to hunt yesterday or today..

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I'm far from you and saw a nice buck dogging a doe today on the public. But my camera showed a mature buck following a doe with mouth open and tongue out 11/2. Unfortunately I didn't get to hunt yesterday or today..
I could've easily been in the wrong location for movement, but I was just north of a doe bedding area and proceeded to jump at least 2 deer about 200 yards from my stand. I had chasing on camera on 11/10 there. Who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom