OKC Gun Club(rave)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the oportunity to go shoot at the OKCGC as a visitor with Jtischauser after doing a FTF and loved it. It was a great range and everyone there seemed to be real nice. I was very surprised to see how big it is and how many different types of ranges there are to shoot. I plan on applying for a membership and hope theres an opening. I just wanted to share a little rave with everyone. As much as everyone including myself likes to rant about everything I like giving credit where credit is due. Thanks again for the opportunity!!

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to range shooting.

Isn't the OKCGC the range that has a 500m target?

"If there's an opening"..Guess that mean it isn't open to all folks?

Are there any other ranges that have targets over 100 yards near OKC?

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a member sence 1982.
If you shoot compatition matches(IPSC CAS, Bullseye, Matalic sillywet, highpower, archary ect) then you do not have to be a member to shoot these matches and others, check the gun club web sight calander it lists the matches and when there held.
Even if you just want to watch the public is welcome.
You must be a member or be with a member to shoot anyother time.
Membership applications are on the web sight.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to range shooting.

Isn't the OKCGC the range that has a 500m target?

"If there's an opening"..Guess that mean it isn't open to all folks?

Are there any other ranges that have targets over 100 yards near OKC?

Yes they do have a 500m silhouette range. However, you better bring your own steel targets unless you are shooting an old Sharps rifle. Someone will holler at you if you are shooting anything modern at them.

Good thing is they will let you setup your own steel targets to shoot at as long as there is not a match or competition going on and you set the target up so misses impact the berms. Be ready to have some people stop and check out what you are doing since some people have shown up and shot the steel targets with ammo that puts holes in their targets. Once they figure out you are shooting your own targets and not damaging the targets, they will usually talk to you some and then leave.

I have met some really nice people while shooting on the silhouette range. Some have even offered to let me shoot their Sharps rifle during a match if I wanted to attend and didn't have a rifle.

Edit: There are usually membership drives starting at the first of every year and run until the spots that were opened up are filled. Not sure if there are still openings or not but it is possible so submit your application early.

They have a Highpower range that goes out to 600yds in 100yd increments. There is also a benchrest range that goes to 300yds for target shooting and group testing.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they do have a 500m silhouette range. However, you better bring your own steel targets unless you are shooting an old Sharps rifle. Someone will holler at you if you are shooting anything modern at them.

Good thing is they will let you setup your own steel targets to shoot at as long as there is not a match or competition going on and you set the target up so misses impact the berms. Be ready to have some people stop and check out what you are doing since some people have shown up and shot the steel targets with ammo that puts holes in their targets. Once they figure out you are shooting your own targets and not damaging the targets, they will usually talk to you some and then leave.

I have met some really nice people while shooting on the silhouette range. Some have even offered to let me shoot their Sharps rifle during a match if I wanted to attend and didn't have a rifle.

Edit: There are usually membership drives starting at the first of every year and run until the spots that were opened up are filled. Not sure if there are still openings or not but it is possible so submit your application early.

They have a Highpower range that goes out to 600yds in 100yd increments. There is also a benchrest range that goes to 300yds for target shooting and group testing.

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

My only concern is the cost. I'm positive that the value received is great, but I don't know if I can get out there enough to justify the cost.

I'm looking for a place with targets up to 300 yards out.

Again...thanks for the response and info.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the gun club has the bench rest range. 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard target stands with benches at the line. If you do a work day it costs 100 per year. That's basically one trip a month to banner road. Plus, you can save on match entry fees and the facilities are one of the top in the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom