OKC Gun Club... I'm considering joining.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few thoughts on this:
First, there is an orientation scheduled for Dec 2nd of 2023. If you didn't get an invite, I suppose the slots are filled.
There was an orientation day in Dec 2022, there were 2 sessions that day. Another single session in early 2023. Perhaps the one in Dec 2nd of this year will be a double session.
Also, perhaps there will be another session in early 2024 - to fill whatever slots didn't get taken for whatever reason. There are always no-shows at the orientations.

Next- I talked to Carey Pribble (membership director)a few months back. She stated that orientation sessions were filled in the order of receipt of application. When the open slots are filled, that's it. Get your application in early.

lastly - there are MANY new arrivals in this State and area. Many applications to join OKCGC are new arrivals.
To a person, they are all astonished at how inexpensive the membership is. Some from other states say that membership in a similar club would be $1500- 2000 per year.

As I've been saying for some time; OKCGC is a screaming deal.
I should have joined back in 2017 when I moved to the area. I shot USPSA out there quite a bit when I was in college.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few thoughts on this:
First, there is an orientation scheduled for Dec 2nd of 2023. If you didn't get an invite, I suppose the slots are filled.
There was an orientation day in Dec 2022, there were 2 sessions that day. Another single session in early 2023. Perhaps the one in Dec 2nd of this year will be a double session.
Also, perhaps there will be another session in early 2024 - to fill whatever slots didn't get taken for whatever reason. There are always no-shows at the orientations.

Next- I talked to Carey Pribble (membership director)a few months back. She stated that orientation sessions were filled in the order of receipt of application. When the open slots are filled, that's it. Get your application in early.

lastly - there are MANY new arrivals in this State and area. Many applications to join OKCGC are new arrivals.
To a person, they are all astonished at how inexpensive the membership is. Some from other states say that membership in a similar club would be $1500- 2000 per year.

Yup, yup and yup.

My dues this year will be 120-130ish again. I'd burn that up in a week shooting indoors somewhere

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few thoughts on this:

I call it the best deal on the planet if you like the shooting sports.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on the orientation(s) at OKCGC this year:

On Dec 2nd of 2023, there will be orientation. Two sessions are scheduled - morning and after lunch. Not certain of the times so I won't spout off.
The session runs about 90 minutes or so, maybe a bit longer. Various shooting disciplines will have tables set up around the perimeter of the hall; after the session one can go talk to the folks that run the various matches.

Then on Feb 3rd, 2024, there will be another (single) session, most likely in the morning. This will complete the inductions until late 2024.

From what I understand there are 150 slots. The February session will fill whatever slots weren't filled in December - there are always no-shows - and whatever slots become available between Dec -Feb.

If you have an invite for orientation: at the end of the session you will be a member. If you want to shoot that day bring your ear and eye protection and your gear. Lock it in your vehicle until after the session, then go shoot.

If anyone has other questions feel free to send me a PM, I'll do what I can to help.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this, but is it possible to join OKCGC without being an NRA member? I'd gladly pay double in dues if it meant my money stays local.
1713930125216.jpeg

Roots

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah that phrase was the impetus for my question. I'd rather give OKCGC $500 bucks than give the NRA $45 or whatever it is. I'm just curious if anyone else had the same reservations as me and/or how accommodating OKCGC is. Happy shooting.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah that phrase was the impetus for my question. I'd rather give OKCGC $500 bucks than give the NRA $45 or whatever it is. I'm just curious if anyone else had the same reservations as me and/or how accommodating OKCGC is. Happy shooting.
Understood. The NRA provides grant money to OKCGC for training events such as Women on Target. Not to mention, they provide excellent guidance for range design and safety, instructor certification, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom