Oklahoma Is Leading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions on what I could do. I am slow to learn things but once I get it I excel at it and think of nothing else on how to improve it or make it faster if possible.

What are you interested in, that's a big start. There is a lot of opportunities out there.

What are you doing now?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SES is the most important factor in predicting success rates for students. A good Mother and/or Father is the single most important part of guaranteeing success.
Intelligence is right up there with it (i.e., they both predict about the same amount of variance in academic success), but yes!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Intelligence is right up there with it (i.e., they both predict about the same amount of variance in academic success), but yes!
But intelligence goes along with SES, if a mom decides to drink while she pregnant, or decides texting and getting her drink on is more important than stimulating her child.

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But intelligence goes along with SES and if a mom decides to drink while she pregnant, or decides texting and getting her drink on is more important than stimulating her child.
Agreed, there is definitely an interaction between intelligence and SES (i.e., very robust statistical interaction in the literature, and in our own studies); such that highly-intelligent people are successful in school regardless of SES; whereas lowly-intelligent people in low-SES environments do the worst, and lowly-intelligent people in high-SES environments do as well as the highly-intelligent people.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, there is definitely an interaction between intelligence and SES (i.e., very robust statistical interaction in the literature, and in our own studies); such that highly-intelligent people are successful in school regardless of SES; whereas lowly-intelligent people in low-SES environments do the worst, and lowly-intelligent people in high-SES environments do as well as the highly-intelligent people.
So, what are you saying about blacks? Not intelligent, or lousy home life?

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I certainly agree that a single parent or no parent home isn't ideal, and negatively affects school performance most of the time. Along with alcohol and drug using parents, teen parents, foster homes, etc.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard mention of all those kids who come from families who can't afford lunch money for whatever reason. A hungry child will be more disruptive or a problem and can not learn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom