Oklahoma ranks 30th in Nation as "gun-friendly" state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How the hell does Wisconsin rank 5 spots ahead of us with this bio?

In Wisconsin, there is a 48-hour waiting period on handgun purchases. As of 2011, the state has concealed carry with no duty to inform, but no carry on some city buses. Machine guns are not legal to own. The NRA-ILA describes the legality of short-barreled rifles and suppressors as "a state of flux and clarification," adding legislators are seeking reform.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vermont was #2...

i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_jon_popcorn.gif

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How in the hell do we get a 4 on NFA/Class III? Oklahoma law basically says "you have to follow Federal law on this subject," which you have to do anyway...

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Lol'd at Missouri's Bio.

A new bill was just introduced in the Missouri state legislature that would send lawmakers who introduce anti-gun legislation to prison, a week after a group of Democrats from St. Louis introduced an Assault Weapons Ban—which will get nowhere in the Republican-controlled state house.

:clap3:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How in the hell do we get a 4 on NFA/Class III? Oklahoma law basically says "you have to follow Federal law on this subject," which you have to do anyway...

I agree. OK should have gotten a 10 on class3/NFA. Probably should have gotten a lower score on CC laws though. Too many restricted places, signs carry weight of law, etc.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having moved here from California, it seemed as if Oklahoma was the BEST gun friendly state. I am surprised to see we are ranked 30th

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. OK should have gotten a 10 on class3/NFA. Probably should have gotten a lower score on CC laws though. Too many restricted places, signs carry weight of law, etc.
I think 7/10 is about right on that one--we're a Shall-Issue state with open carry and no duty to retreat, and our right to keep a firearm in our cars trumps an employer's power to say we can't, among other positives--but G&A completely screwed the pooch on that NFA ranking. We should be in the top ten, tied for 6th. There's no way at all that we're in the bottom half of the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom