Oklahoma ranks 30th in Nation as "gun-friendly" state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because some of us have sought and obtained the legal opinion of paid legal professionals.

Until that "law" has been tested, the legal opinion of paid legal professionals carries no weight. Neither you nor anyone else could predict the outcome of such in a court of law. I hope you didn't actually pay for the consult.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Having moved here from California, it seemed as if Oklahoma was the BEST gun friendly state. I am surprised to see we are ranked 30th

I concur. I can just walk into any pawn shop and purchase a handgun within a few minutes. Someone saying that Oklahoma is 30th is playing fast and loose with the figures.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Sent a letter to my Rep. just now. This bill needs to happen.

Any idea on the status of this bill? Does it enjoy wide support in the house, or do we have an uphill battle?
According to the legislative history, the House passed it by a vote of 96-0 on 3/14, and it has been (or will be) sent to the Senate.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For being the reddest state in the Union, Oklahoma really doesn't have very good gun laws. Most states allow permitless open carry, and allow people to carry a loaded gun in their car without a permit as well. However, one thing OK does better than most is reciprocity. OK honors any other state's permits (or lack thereof)... full reciprocity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom