Oklahoma State and Oklahoma Section Matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Benning always runs a big match every year. I know one of the guys that helps run it. He was here in Tulsa a few weeks ago helping run the SWAT Nationals.

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one, not being able to travel that much, think a state match would be alot of fun. By the way curly, what are you doing at ft. benning? I did basic and airborne school there.

I shoot 3 gun when I can and Benning puts on a large 3 gun every year.I know a lot of shooters don't or can't travel much,but the longer your in this game you will find there is a core of really good people that try to do these things,but until you have been in on the ground up of a large match it is hard to imagine what really goes on and how much time is involved and like Kelly says it's hard to get everybody on the same page,but as I said I think you will see a major match shot in Oklahoma this year if /when Phil is elected to Area 4

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now we have the Question,Just when would you like to run yourOklahoma State/Sectional,MR.MD JESSE

I was just asking a question!!!!!!!!! I haven't been shooting competitions for much more than a year so I don't have a clue as to how or why things work the way they do which is why I asked.

If I had it my way I'd send out am emIl to everyone on the OKC gun club IPSC list that the October match was going to be the Oklahoma Section Championship. I would include an entry form that would lust the match fee as $25 in advance or $35 the day of the match. I would then contact the USPSA and figure out what sanctioning does or doesn't do for me. I would also request volunteers for stage design and setup and scoring and admin. I would then print up some certificates for HOA, amd high M, A, B, C, D classes for each division. If there are more than 5 shooters in a division/class I would make more certificates and later make trophies or plaques for the certificate winners.
The last monthly club match at OKCGC had 6 awesome stages and a classifier. It could have been a state match because those stages were so good. Amd frim what Matt and John said they were setup by less than 10 very very awesome people. Thanks again guys!!!!If we added one or two more stages and started at 8:30 instead of 10:30 we would have a state match.

I don't really care about prizes or even drawing shooters from other areas because it's a state deal.

I think this is similar to what David is proposing.

As far as me being an area director MD or even an RO I'm not qualified but I would love to learn what it takes to become qualified.

I live this sport and want to see it thrive in OK.

The next person that busts my balls for asking this question is going to get a big kiss or similarly embarassing acr of appreciation at the walk through if the next match

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bust. Bust. You are starting to whine like one of those pistol shooters! I thought you were a 3-gunner?

Bust. Bust.

Is that enough to get an embarrassing act from you? ;)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'd ro and help run the match if I could smoke a cigar and drive one of those 4 wheelers like Troy does at the nationals. :). I do refuse to wear a kilt though, especially if Cyrwus is around. Seriously, I shot the last state production match at OKC gun club a couple of years ago. It was cold and windy. If John and Matt were inn favor of it. I'd help do whatever to help.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just asking a question!!!!!!!!! I haven't been shooting competitions for much more than a year so I don't have a clue as to how or why things work the way they do which is why I asked.

If I had it my way I'd send out am emIl to everyone on the OKC gun club IPSC list that the October match was going to be the Oklahoma Section Championship. I would include an entry form that would lust the match fee as $25 in advance or $35 the day of the match. I would then contact the USPSA and figure out what sanctioning does or doesn't do for me. I would also request volunteers for stage design and setup and scoring and admin. I would then print up some certificates for HOA, amd high M, A, B, C, D classes for each division. If there are more than 5 shooters in a division/class I would make more certificates and later make trophies or plaques for the certificate winners.
The last monthly club match at OKCGC had 6 awesome stages and a classifier. It could have been a state match because those stages were so good. Amd frim what Matt and John said they were setup by less than 10 very very awesome people. Thanks again guys!!!!If we added one or two more stages and started at 8:30 instead of 10:30 we would have a state match.

I don't really care about prizes or even drawing shooters from other areas because it's a state deal.

I think this is similar to what David is proposing.

As far as me being an area director MD or even an RO I'm not qualified but I would love to learn what it takes to become qualified.

I live this sport and want to see it thrive in OK.

The next person that busts my balls for asking this question is going to get a big kiss or similarly embarassing acr of appreciation at the walk through if the next match

I think you're on the right track. Everyone thinks they have to have a big 16 stage two day event, when an 8 hour, 8 stage match with 80 shooters would suffice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom