Oklahoma voters approve Sunday liquor store sales measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just don't understand how folks can't figure out to buy their booze in advance of the weekend.

Oh, wait...

....the "medical" MJ must hamper their "logical" thinking.

I think it was, in part, meant to level the playing field with regards to them also selling wine (i.e. they couldn't be open to sell wine on sunday, yet grocery stores could).

But, to a larger point, i don't understand why people think buying their booze on saturday is better but sunday shouldn't be allowed. When i lived in Missouri you could buy it in a walmart or gas station. When i lived in Lubbock, TX you wouldn't buy it anywhere inside city limits (regardless of the day of the week).

I guess you've never been invited to a last-minute sunday pool party and thought, 'man, it'd be great to have some margaritas today'.

Most red state blue laws i've encountered are nothing more than virtue signaling and i have yet to hear a good reason why sales shouldn't be allowed that aren't based around religious objections. If you have one, i'd love to hear it though

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you've never been invited to a last-minute sunday pool party and thought, 'man, it'd be great to have some margaritas today'.

You are right in that I've not been invited to a last-minute Sunday pool party. Nor would I want a Margarita, or any other alcoholic drink either.

I'm just here to irritate the stoners that want both MJ and booze.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You dont drink so you think Prohibition laws are ok
Are you another closet liberal too?

Have I EVER said that I thought prohibition laws were OK?

That said, I do hate that people will "indulge" in either alcohol or drugs and then go drive, putting others at risk. I've seen the results of such idiocy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have I EVER said that I thought prohibition laws were OK?

That said, I do hate that people will "indulge" in either alcohol or drugs and then go drive, putting others at risk. I've seen the results of such idiocy.
So sounds like your okay with restricting a business from operating on Sunday because they sell alcohol. Thats no different that thinking prohibition is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom