Oklahoma Zombie Annihilation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrClean

New to the site!
Reaction score
I know it's getting late so this is a complete long shot, but can anybody help me out with an ammo trade? All of my stuff is still set up for M9, so I'd like to shoot 9mm tomorrow but all I have at the house is .45 ACP. I'm not feeling good about my odds of finding 9mm on the shelf at Walmart, and someone to sell it to me at 6:00 tomorrow morning. I'm going to blow the dust and cobwebs off my .45 and a holster for it, but would really prefer to shoot the M9 if anyone can help me out. I'll bring stuff to roll either way in the morning, but would really appreciate it if somebody is willing to trade enough 9mm for .45 (Blazer brass) for me to shoot the match.

. . . the joys of finding out about a match at 9:45 the night before.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's getting late so this is a complete long shot, but can anybody help me out with an ammo trade? All of my stuff is still set up for M9, so I'd like to shoot 9mm tomorrow but all I have at the house is .45 ACP. I'm not feeling good about my odds of finding 9mm on the shelf at Walmart, and someone to sell it to me at 6:00 tomorrow morning. I'm going to blow the dust and cobwebs off my .45 and a holster for it, but would really prefer to shoot the M9 if anyone can help me out. I'll bring stuff to roll either way in the morning, but would really appreciate it if somebody is willing to trade enough 9mm for .45 (Blazer brass) for me to shoot the match.

. . . the joys of finding out about a match at 9:45 the night before.

http://ammo-can.net/index.php?st=OK&cal=9

Try that. I don't have any extra, sorry.

Hm... After staying awake and failing to fall asleep, I think I'll run my Noveske SBR instead of my SR-15.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, how did it go?
I had to bow out at the last minute and waste a paid entry, but hope it was a success for competitors and organizers as well.

It was fun, only 18 people showed up so only 3 winners at $300, $150, and $75. Huge variety of participants from sponsored 3 gunners (who took all top 3 positions if I recall correctly) to people who had to borrow a carbine for the event. I don't think I did too bad with a 5th place finish. It was my third shooting event ever (I participated in an IPSC match once almost two years ago and a M16 marksmanship match at an AFB about a year ago).

Overall, a fun event, though a bit pricey for what I'd consider a "match" more than a zombie event. I'd rather it be $20 with no cash prize since it really encourages "gaming", both in equipment choice (gigantic muzzle brakes on race guns, etc) and in how you participate in it. My squad was very relaxed, maybe in part because we had a lot of new and non-competition-minded shooters. The relaxed nature of at least my squad was perfect for an event like this. I don't like to spend my weekends and money getting more stressed, that's what weekdays are for.

I met many interesting people including a retired JTAC, a sponsored shooter who drove from St. Louis just for the event, a Bureau of Narcotics agent shooting his issued silenced Colt SBR, and a young man looking to enlist into the Navy. It was great to both give and receive tips and advice from the diverse backgrounds of the participants.

It was indeed ridiculously cold and windy. I was under dressed... I had to warm my hands up by holding my suppressor between stages!

It had very little to do with zombies besides those zombie targets that you can get at H&H and 8" steel plates for some of the targets (that might represent a head). If the zombie theme were to take precedence, I would've liked more head and maybe leg shots, but the "2 in the body" and Mozambique Drills didn't seem to fit the theme very well. Zombies don't care if they're shot CoM! If the competition aspect were to take precedence, a 5 second (or even 3 second) penalty instead of a 1 second penalty for misses/failure to hit would have been more appropriate. Shot timers would've been nice instead of stop watches. Someone saying "beep" into your ear to start was... interesting. There were also some problems with steel plates falling or rotating that ROs had to fix between shooters, which delayed a few stages. It's also frustrating trying to hit a 1/2" wide target with a pistol.

The lunch was great!

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got to shoot for money, did not have to setup, tear down the stages, RO or tape targets and had lunch provided $65 wasn't to bad IMO
There are lots of $15-20 matches around from Duncan SCRAP Club and OKC gun club, but the competitors are going to help setup, tear down the stages, RO and tape targets.

Just for the record first and second place winners are not sponsored shooters but definitely 3 gunners.
I am guilty of saying look at that guy with the 3-gun cart he is definitely a sponsored shooter, Matt is a friend and I enjoy giving him hell and like wise he showed me his time each time he beat me on a stage (he must have gamed those stages ).
I agree lots of variety in shooters and weapons, there were definitely guys (non competition shooters) present that can shoot very well. I was the one that asked for clarification about 1 second penalty for each miss on paper. I was thinking 5 seconds was more in order also but when you take into account the # of noncompetitive shooters I believe one second kept the playing field level. The 8 inch steel plates kept the match competitive by slowing shooters down but was a generous and shootable target (unless they were hanging side ways).

I was in Alpha squad we had a couple quiet guys but I thought everyone had a great time.

To the young man going into the Navy good luck & thanks for serving.

I had a fun time and it was good meeting everyone

Koshinn I was looking over your reply as I typed my thoughts on the match just wanted to say good shooting and lunch was great.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun! I came to help RO, but I shot the course after everybody left. It's got me thinking I might have to start shooting some of these 3 gun and steel challenge shoots!

The stages using cars were a hoot... especially the one that had you shooting out the window. We talked after the event and have some good ideas for next year. Yeah, it could have been a little more zombie themed, but for a first time event like this, I'd say it went really well. Some of the guys who came to the run n gun TedKennedy and I put on were there... it was good to see y'all again. It was good to meet some new folks too. I hope to see you all on a firing line again soon!

As for me, I will be killing more zombies at the Zombie Run 'n Gun in Buckholts, TX this weekend.
:50cal:

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was finally able to get the results posted.

Congrats to our top 3 finishers:
1st Place - Corey Couch
2nd Place - Matt Rigsby
3rd Place - Derek Parker

You can get a complete list of scores at http://alexarms.com/.

Thanks to everyone that came out to shoot. An BIG round of thanks to all of our ROs and volunteers! I thought that for a first event things went exceptionally smooth.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and next time will be even better.

I want to thank our sponsors:

Oklahoma Patriot Supply for the donation of the Patriot Boomer Exploding Targets.
DMH & Son Wrecker & Automotive for the cars.

I posted the video I shot on Youtube. I used the tag "OZA2013" But searching on that isn't giving the results I expected...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bbqxRGvoiU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX54V7vfu6k

If you have video or pictures from the event, I'd love to see them.

--Dale

htownfister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great match. This was my second time shooting a match like this. Had a lot of fun. Wish i knew some of yall, I kept mostly to myself but the crowd was friendly. Looking forward to doing more shooting like this.

This is the only Video I got, notice the mag fall out at 11 sec. Noob!!!!

Came in 6th place, really surprise but overall very happy.
http://youtu.be/A6Tg9aeGJPQ

Latest posts

Top Bottom